Monday, November 24, 2008

One step at a time

I heard from our coordinator today. She e-mailed me and said she talked to our contact in Moscow and that person told her that we probably would not be traveling before Christmas...however, it was probable that we would at least be matched with a baby before Christmas! The region shuts down from Dec. 31-about Jan. 9 so that means things will come to a stand still during that time period. So, from the looks of it we will more than likely be traveling in January if all goes well!! (Can you say BBBRRRR!!!???) With all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays I am sure time will fly by! Things in this region seem to move quickly from what I am seeing with other families. From the beginning I was told that this region moves fast, except for the summer and when they go on "vacation". For now, we just sit and wait for our baby to show up...literally!!! I can tell that day is getting closer!!

Last night we were watching The Race and they were in Moscow!! All three of us were glued to the screen to look at the buildings and the sights. We told Travis that his brother or sister was there right now waiting for us....I don't think he gets it but it sort of blew our minds just thinking about it! How amazing!

2 comments:

Amber Kerby said...

I am so excited for you guy's you must be getting so anxious what a neat christmas gift! Tell Travis I said hi and think of him often! Amber

mad white woman said...

Oh, I can't wait. The closer it gets, the more exciting it is.