Friday, October 15, 2010

Hanging Out At Home

Although I would not call our weather "cool" by any means... we are still having temps in the mid to high 90's.. it has improved enough that the boys can now spend some time in our backyard. The summer months are brutal and since we don't have a swimming pool we pretty much stay inside for most of the summer. We look forward to our fall break because that is usually when we rediscover our yard again! Yesterday the boys helped me clean off the patio and then they decided to have a picnic lunch in the back. (Notice Rock circling like a shark looking for fallen food!)
I have had trouble getting Connor down for a nap this week. I am not sure why. He didn't take a nap for three days in a row, I was beginning to go out of my mind. However, yesterday he finally crashed. Not in his bed but on the floor... hey, I take whatever I can get!
While he slept Travis and I decided to make some sugar cookies. I was amazed at how much Travis could do by himself. Once I got the dough going (and it stopped sticking!) I pretty much let him do most of the work. He did a great job.
I know you are thinking Travis looks rather tall.... well, here is our trick... Yes, step stool! He's getting bigger, but not that big! At the end we had some dough left so Travis decided to put it on the cookie sheet and roll it out to make one big cookie. When I pulled it out of the oven I discovered that he actually made Russia! LOL
Who knew he was so talented?? This is how he chose to decorate his Russia cookie.
Here are the fruits of our labor. I helped decorate or else Travis would have been frosting cookies for hours. Together we made a pretty good team.
Connor woke up and dove right in to one of the cookies. He loved them!
Here is the chef himself...
Now THAT'S how you eat a cookie!!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I'm wondering if it's ever going to cool off here... I think this heat is just lingering to see how irritated we get. :)

Mmmm, the sugar cookies look yummy.

Mary Ann said...

I wish you could send Travis over to my house to bake some cookies. Looks like he enjoys it!
And,Connor is growing so fast!