Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pumpkins, Candy, and Costumes... Oh My!

Now that we are mid-way into November I guess I had better write about Halloween 2013.  Before we are overcome with turkeys and Christmas anyway!  Here are the boys with the pumpkins they each so lovingly picked out... not from an actual pumpkin patch...but from the great big bins outside the local grocery store. (Oh how I miss living in Memphis when we took the first graders out to an actual pumpkin patch to get pumpkins.  Oh well.... times do change!)  That didn't matter to them, they loved their pumpkins anyway.

 Cleaning out the "guts".
 Connor and Daddy designed their face first and this is what the end result was. Connor wanted his to have "tusks".
 Travis enjoys cleaning out the pumpkin...
 NOT!!!
 Travis and Dad designed this one too. 
 I think they both turned out pretty good! (That's because I stay out of this part.  I am not very creative or skilled in this area.)
 Thank goodness for grandmas.  Since one grandma lives in CA she offered to order the kids some cool costumes for Halloween. Travis chose a SWAT costume while Connor chose to be Rafael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is obsessed with those turtles.  They both look so cute! Here they are ready to head out.
 And just in case you were wondering, my "other" Hawes boys dressed up too.  Say hello to Uncle Si and our newest inmate from the SF jail!  lol  Boy were they a sight!
As for me, I just sit outside and hand out candy. My traditional "costume" is my orange shirt and black pants.  I know, not very creative.  Dressing up isn't really my thing. I do enjoy seeing all of the costumes though.  We had a lot of kids but not as many has we have had in the past.  This year my mom and a friend joined me. The weather was great and the company was even better.  
Happy Halloween!

No comments: