Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Fun!

Coloring Easter eggs the night before Easter is a tradition in our house. Connor didn't quite get to participate because he just wanted to put everything into his mouth. However, Travis is becoming quite a pro at it!

Here are our finished products. I just wish I liked to eat them as much as I like to decorate them! At least they don't go to waste because Daryle loves them.
Here are the boys Easter morning after their egg hunt and finding their Easter baskets. For some reason the bunny just goes overboard.... I don't know how that happens!
After they were dressed for church they had to have another egg hunt, Travis has become addicted actually. We have had hunts all week long! In fact, he is getting quite clever with his hiding spots. Who knew an egg would sit in between the blinds??
Here are the three of us, ready for church. Never mind the sugar high the kids were on at the time. Thank goodness our church has outside seating on these days, it sure helps when all Connor wants to do is RUN! He actually ran from me, turned around and blew me a kiss before taking off again! Everybody around me snickered, he was so cute! It's hard to get too mad when he is blowing kisses at me! Thank goodness he couldn't go too far. I was happy when he found a little girl to flirt with, that kept him close by.
Look what the bunny brought, bunny sunglasses!!! Connor likes to wear them on top of his head.
You can't tell, but Connor had the giggles here. He thought Travis looked so funny in the glasses.
Monday was the Diamondback's home opener game and of course we have season tickets. The game was at 2:10 and I gave Daryle "permission" to take Travis out of school early to go to the game. Their bleacher section is called "Uptown" this year for one of the players who plays in right field so Daryle made this sign for Travis to take to the game. His head fits perfectly, he doesn't even have to hold it with his hands! I think it turned out pretty well, Daryle did a good job. They had a blast!
It feels so good to spend the holidays knowing our children are with us. I can't believe how fast the past year has flown by. I remember last year all we could think about was "next Easter when Connor is home..." and now it has come and gone. Amazing is all I can say! I think Connor said it best at church on Easter morning... "AMEN!"

No comments: