Monday, April 19, 2010

Special Weekend

This past weekend was a big one for our family. On Saturday Connor was finally baptized. Originally we had wanted to do this last fall. However, the class we had to take was only offered on Thursdays and at the time my classes were on Thursday evenings. So, we had to wait and take the class in January. I had hoped to have the baptism in March, but that was Lent and no baptisms were going to be scheduled. Our parish holds monthly baptisms on the third Saturday of the month. So, April 17 was the date. I also knew that April 18 would be my Grandma's 90th birthday. As you can tell by now, we had quite the weekend!
Here we are at home before leaving for the church.
Here we are at the church after the baptism. It was so nice that my brother Rob was able to fly in from Seattle to be the Godfather to Connor. He is Travis' Godfather too.
I think we had somewhere between 40-45 people at our house after the baptism. It was a houseful! The food and company were great, we just love having people over. We are so blessed to have such a large family that lives close by and who were able to come and share in Connor's special day. Not only did my brother fly in, but so did my Aunt Mary Ann (who is also my Godmother) and my good friend Stephanie (she is both boys' Godmother now too). It is such an honor to have such special people in our lives and we are so happy they were all able to make it here for the weekend.

After all of the excitement from the baptism, we got to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday on Sunday! Wow, I can't believe she is 90. She sure has seen and been through quite a lot during those 90 years. We are all so blessed to have her in our lives. I love my Grandma so much, she is such a wonderful role model for me. She has taught me many things over the years and we have so many memories together. It was great to watch her blow out her candles and when we sang to her you could hear every name from Mom to Grandma to Great-Grandma all at the same time. She is such an amazing woman! She looked so pretty in her blue and white outfit, she is stylish even at 90!

I barely made it through the day today. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to sit at my desk and put my head down for a nap. It was such a special weekend for us and it was so nice to spend some time with our whole family. They all mean the world to us!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Eventhough they are exhausting, that kind of weekend is my favorite. We enjoyed getting to spend some time with you on Saturday.