Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soccer Banquet

Well, Saturday marked the end of another soccer season for Travis. They had a nice banquet where he got this really cool trophy. We are so proud of him! He loves sports of all kinds. Lucky for him he is athletic too. After the banquet the coaches took the kids out to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. This is what Connor had to say about that!
Oh yeah! Connor has a sweet tooth alright! (He must have inherited that from Me! haha!)These are the only two pictures I have of the day. I had to go to an education fair from 7:30 until 3:30 so Daryle took these two pictures and sent them to me on my phone. At least it made me feel like I was sort of there with them! I hate missing things like this. Thank goodness there will be more in the future!
We had a pretty busy weekend. Yesterday was also baseball practice for Travis' team. I think we have a really nice team this year. Not that we haven't had good teams in the past. It's just that all of the parents on this team seem so nice and friendly. I like that. I guess I have ended up being co-Team Mom. I had to go to the meeting on Friday night so I could relay all the info to the real Team Mom. She has some conflicts with a few events so guess who gets to fill in for her? Actually, she is so sweet and nice I don't mind. She is going to school to be a teacher and has to go take her test that day. Of course I had complete empathy for her! Then today I got all of my report cards done, got the house cleaned, and the laundry done. The only thing on my list that didn't get done was getting some groceries. Oh well. I guess I can go tomorrow after work.
I am so excited about next weekend! We are heading over to Carlsbad so we can go to Lego Land for some family fun. We took Travis when he was about 3 1/2 and he had a ball. Connor is going to love it. He has never been to any kind of place like that before. Plus, we are meeting up with an old friend of mine from Memphis. She will be in town with her husband and daughter. I can't wait to see them! This will be our first little "vacation" as a family of 4. I don't really count going to Russia, that wasn't exactly a "vacation" even though we did have a good time together. I also don't really count going to California to visit family because, well, we are still with family! I am a little bit worried about the car trip, it will be about 6 hours from here. Traveling with one kid was fine. I am not so sure about 2! Wish us luck! I am sure I will have lots of pictures when we come back. Now, if I can only get through this jam packed week first!

1 comment:

iheartmesa said...

Have fun on your fist family of 4 trip. Good luck! You'll enjoy it.
-oh this is Kathryn