Sunday, September 4, 2011

Connor-isms

***Added a P.S. at the bottom.  =)
I love three year olds!  They say and do the funniest things.  Connor has been doing some funny things and I wanted to write about them before I forget.  (It stinks to get older!)

He calls me "Moppy". One day he was crying, had a stuffy nose and said "I want Mommy" but it sounded like "I want Moppy". In an effort to stop the crying Daryle said, "Who is Moppy??" Connor busted out laughing. For some reason it stuck.

He calls Daryle "Dappy".  One day he was talking to Daryle and was trying to say "happy" and "Daddy" at the same time.  It came out "Dappy".  This too has stuck.

He still refers to our dog Rock as "Sparky". I finally realized I think he got this from one of his favorite T.V. shows.

He calls Travis "Tatis". When Connor first started talking that was how it came out.  He can say Travis but sometimes he just calls him Tatis.  I am not sure if it is out of spite or to be funny...

Today he was eating a green Popsicle. He held it up to Daryle and said, "I have a green Popsicle because....  Because I do." Then  he walked away.

Everywhere he goes he is looking for the letter C. When he sees one he  gets excited and shouts, "C  is for Connor!!!!!!"  He is on a perpetual hunt for the letter C. 

He is trying to spell his name. He looks at it and says, "C-O-N-N-N-O-R". I told him there were only two N's. He repeated the spelling. This time he said 4 N's. After several rounds of this we just changed the subject.  He'll get it eventually.

At school they are working on writing letters. We were reading an alphabet book and we were reading the H page. He suddenly told me, "There are two long lines on the sides and one little line in the middle. That makes an H."  He was so proud of himself. 


He will be running then suddenly stop and walk.  He informs me he has to use his "walking feet" .... like they do in school. 

I was reading him one of his favorite books.  (He has most of them memorized.... Travis thinks Connor may be reading... this is great motivation for Mr. Travis to step it up a notch!  Travis enjoys math, he doesn't quite see the need for reading....lol) When I read the story to him I accidentally read one word wrong. I was quickly corrected.  Wow. He never ceases to amaze me.

He loves to read books. He has several of them memorized so it sounds like he is reading.  Most of them are actually songs but a few aren't.  I love to listen to him when he doesn't know I can hear him.

Today in the car on the way home from church he informed us that he has a pet cow. We asked where he was keeping it. He said it was at home. We asked what the cow's name was and we were told Cow.  Then he said that Cow actually lived at the zoo. But he would like to have a cow at home too.  He would also like a horse.  I think he needs to live on a farm!

He loves to talk about Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops and Brontosaurus. He pronounces them very clearly. (Can't say the same for other people in our household.  lol)  He even has told me that there are meat eater dinosaurs. And some other ones too.

He LOVES to eat his fruits and vegetables. He doesn't really like meat.  He is a self proclaimed vegetarian. In order for us to get him to eat meat we tell him it will give him big muscles.  Then he takes a bite (never more than 2 or 3 bites though) and proceeds to flex his biceps so we can see his growing muscles. He would also like to be a wrestler one day. Just like the guys on TV.

Connor runs around, throws his arms in the air and yells, "I SAVED THE WORLD!!"  Evidently there was a fire somewhere and he saved everybody.  My superhero!

P.S.- My mom reminded me of something funny Connor said the other day when she was babysitting him.  He told her, "Grammy, when I grow up I want to be a paleontologist and dig up dinosaur  bones.  Or maybe I will be a veterinarian.  But I don't want to be an equestrian."  Where does he get his vocabulary??!!

No comments: