Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can we rewind February?

My goodness how time flies. I can hardly believe we are already towards the end of February.  Wasn't it just December?!  Even though February is a short month we always seem to jam pack it full of fun activities. Of course it helps that it is also my birthday month.  There are a few reasons why it took me so long to get these pictures on here.  First of all, Travis was sick at the beginning of the month.  He had his usual sinus infection plus strep throat.   Then it was my birthday.  After that fun weekend I came down with strep throat. Yes, mom got sick.  Can I tell you how hard it is when the mom gets so sick that she sleeps through an entire day?  I haven't been sick like that in years.  It wiped me out. When I finally came out of my daze from being sick (I think it took me 3 days to recover completely) I realized that I lost the cord to my old camera that allows me to download my pictures.  (Getting older stinks by the way...).  We have several different cameras around here. I have grandpa's nice camera, my old camera, and the new one I got for Christmas.  Today I went to Costco and just got a CD of the pictures from my old camera. I guess we will have to stop using it for awhile. Of course unless I find that cord.  Finally, it has taken me all evening to get these pictures uploaded to the blog.  Things were not cooperating. To make things even better Travis is sick again.  As usual for him he finished his medicine on Wednesday and he is sick again.  Hopefully we can bi pass the whole strep throat part though.  Anyway, here are some pictures of what the boys have been up to. The first ones are from the day they went to the Fan Fest for the Dbacks.

Here are the boys with Chris Young and Craig Breslow. Evidently Connor kept asking them for Justin Upton.  They just laughed. Good thing they have a good sense of humor! (If you don't know, Justin is perhaps the most popular player on the team....)
Not sure... looks like they are waiting to take their turn at bat.
Connor at the plate!
 Travis takes a turn.
 Travis and Connor got to meet one of the owners of the team. If you look closely you can see that he is letting Travis hold his World Series ring! How cool is that?!
Connor just LOVES these guys!

Finally it was Valentine's Day.  I got the boys some little trinkets but Grandma from California also sent a box full of stuff. She wrapped each item individually in red tissue paper.  They enjoyed opening everything up.  Here they are ready to dig in to their "stash"! 

 Travis loved this little guy. It reminds him of Blue!
 Connor was wondering what was in here....
 WAX LIPS!  Too funny! He enjoyed playing around with these lips from Grandma.
They both came home from school that day with bags full of valentines and of course candy.  The funny part is that Connor has gone through just about all of his candy.  (Not that he had that much, a few suckers and such.)  However, when I checked Travis' bag today I noticed that just about all of his is still there. Connor definitely is my child with the sweet tooth!  It seems he takes after me in that department.  I love celebrating Valentine's Day with my kids. It's one of my favorite little holidays, probably because it is also so close to my birthday. I always feel like my birthday goes from February 11th to the 14th.  I know, I am a little silly like that!  

I don't have any pictures just yet... but yes, little league has also started! They had their first practice this week and they have a cute and energetic little team.  A bunch of the boys go to our school and several are also in Travis' class.  This is going to be fun for him. The downside is that we are still playing soccer.  This means that Travis (and Daryle since he is coaching both) have either a practice or a game almost every night for two weeks.  The good part about this is that it wears. him. out. Boy does he sleep well these days!

No comments: