Sunday, March 4, 2012

Orange Picking

A few weeks ago my cousin Anna asked if anybody wanted to come pick some oranges from her backyard. Of course I said YES!!!  (Thanks again Anna!)  All four of us were going to head out but Travis was getting sick so he stayed home with Daryle. Grandpa, Connor and I headed out one beautiful Saturday afternoon.  Connor had a lot of fun using the orange picker to reach some of the oranges up high.
 Look mom! I caught one!
 Try as he might, he just could not reach this one.  But he sure had fun trying to jump up high!
 Ahh... finally!
We brought home a huge box full of oranges. We shared some with grandpa and my parents.  Blue has even enjoyed an orange or two. There is nothing tastier than an orange picked fresh off the tree!  We still have a few left, but I am sure those won't be around much longer!  Excuse me while I go have a snack...


1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them. It's true, nothing tastier than an orange picked fresh off the tree. I think I'm gonna cry a little that I have to wait until next Winter for the next crop. :)