Sunday, April 29, 2012

Little League Fun

I have to say, I have really been enjoying Travis' baseball team this year. I know a lot of the kids because they go to our school. Plus Travis knows a bunch of them because they are in his class or he has played with them before on other teams. It has also been nice knowing the parents.  The team has awesome parental support as well.  All of that makes a recipe for lots of fun!  Yesterday the weather was warm but beautiful and I was able to get some good pictures of what I have been watching this season. I don't know where Travis got his stance, but he looks so cute when he is at  bat.
 Although he started off the season with a home run (YAY!) he has had a few hits and some strike outs and walks.  Yep, this next one was a strike!
 Don't they all look so cute hanging out in the dugout??  Such little men in training!
 In the meantime I have to keep my eyes peeled for Connor at all times.  This is where he enjoys hanging out... watching the girls' softball games through their dugout!  Evidently it is MUCH more exciting over there....

Or I can find him playing with the other little girls who have brothers on the team. We have known this family since last year, it was nice that this year Connor is old enough to actually play with other children for entertainment instead of just running away into now where.
Connor is running to the other side to see his grandparents.
Here is Travis' cheering section.  They found a nice shady spot under a tree.
Connor also likes to find the dirt.... he usually needs a bath the minute he gets home from the game!
Travis also got another chance to pitch. He pitched in the third inning and struck the first three batters out.  We were so proud of him! Woo Hoo!


Travis only has 4 games left in the season. I can't believe how fast the time goes by. I am very, very excited that our summer break is almost here.  Just 3 1/2 weeks left.... but who's counting?

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Hey! I just got done reading another baseball post... 'tis the season! :)

That cracks me up that Connor watches the girls. Ha ha.