Saturday, September 15, 2012

It Takes A Village

Before I became a mom I had heard the expression "It takes a village to raise a child" and I always knew there was some truth to it.  However, now that I am a mom with two very busy and active boys I have a new appreciation for that expression.  I honestly do not know what I would do if we did not have such wonderful grandparents who lived so close to help out.  I know that if I need somebody picked up from school or help getting people to sports practices or games or if I have a sick child that all I need to do is pick up the phone and help will be on the way.  Being a working mom has its challenges at times and they help make it so much easier.
 
Last Sunday was Grandparent's Day so of course we had to celebrate and thank our grandparents for all of their love and support.  The boys are so lucky to have grandparents who love them so much and would do anything for them.  I think all kids need to have grandparents who think they personally "hung the moon".  They are also so very lucky that 3 of their 4 grandparents live super close. Close enough to attend every single game for both boys.  Close enough to attend any school function that requires an audience.  (And one grandpa even attends every single practice too!) I guess you could say they are "grandparent spoiled". I think that's ok (considering the alternative life they were born into before we all found each other.)  I think in the end it all works out. 


And even though one grandma lives in California she still is always in our minds and in our hearts!  She gets all of her spoils in when we visit every summer. This year she gets a bonus... we are coming for a quick visit in October this year too!
I thank my lucky stars every day for our parents.  My boys are so lucky to have such a special relationship with each one of them.  Happy Grandparent's Day to all of you and here's to many, many more!  XOXOXOXO


1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I have never celebrated Grandparent's Day. Maybe I should start?