Monday, September 17, 2012

What A Day...

Saturday was Opening Day for the fall baseball league that the boys are playing on. This is Connor's very first team ever. Boy is he excited about that!  Our morning began by being at the park at 7:30 for Connor's team pictures.  Then his game was at 8:15. No sleeping in that day!
 He kept rolling all over the grass. I was trying to keep him clean for his pictures. I kept wondering who in their right mind would put these kids in WHITE shirts.... oh well, nobody asked me I guess.
 Isn't that a cute little t-ball team??
 I just love how he carries his bag. It is so big but only contains a glove, bat, water bottle and some batting gloves. He is so funny!  (He truly thinks he is a real dbacks player too!)
 
The usual fan club assembling before the game.
 Connor's first time at bat.  Yay, he got a hit!
 Run, run, run!
 Oops... he actually ran all the way to second and had to come back. Another person was already on that base. I think his coach was patting his head so he would stay put. I love how he stands right on the base each and every time.
 For years he has seen Travis get a snack after his games.  FINALLY he has reached the big time and gets a snack all of his own! (It's the little things you know...)
 After Connor's game was the parade and opening ceremonies.  We left the park around 10:15 only to return at 11:15 for Travis' team pictures.  Thankfully we got a break until we had to be back at 4:30 for Travis' game.  His games are more intense than t-ball. I just love watching him and his team play.
 First at bat and he gets hit by a wild pitch.  Take your base!
 So serious and focused....
 This league lets you lead off, steal bases (even home) and you can get picked off.  This is new, Travis loves it. Daryle is skeptical since he is more accustomed to official Little League rules.  (I say let the kids have fun.  But who listens to me??)
 He gets really dirty now with all of the leading off, etc.
 Finally, he made it to second base. They were really trying hard to get him out.
 I was hoping for a dramatic slide into home... no such luck. He just ran across the plate.
 This was actually a few weeks ago before Connor's first t-ball practice.  My little baseball players. They are so cute, if I do say so myself!
It's going to be a fun season.  I have a feeling my housework is going to suffer for the next few months since my Saturdays are now jam packed with baseball! It's ok, I wouldn't have it any other way.


1 comment:

mad white woman said...

This made me cry... sometimes when I read your blog I think of how different Travis and Connor's lives are because of adoption and it makes me get choked up. You've given then so much more than just a mediocre life.