Friday, July 26, 2013

July 2013

July has been a busy month.  We began it by flying back to Arizona from California.  
Neither one of us could figure out where to look!
 Since we were not with Daryle on the 4th of July he saved some fireworks to do with the kids. It worked out because we didn't see any fireworks at all while we were in California.  
(Actually, we were passed out early. We had spent the day at the beach.)
 Connor does not like the noise!
 Our friends Traci and Haley came over for a visit.  Good thing she likes Power Rangers too!
 Travis is finally looking bigger than the dog.
 Dinner of champions.  Poptarts and a lunchable. Please don't judge... it was summer!
 Travis got to be Security Kid again at one of the Dbacks games. Lucky kid even saw his friends there too.
 Checking out the field for safety.
 He bought a new hat with his hard earned money.
 One night Daryle took Connor into the bathroom to brush his teeth.  We had a friend in there... hello Mr. Scorpion!  Yikes, it was big!
 This past Wednesday, July 24th was the first day of school.  I can hardly believe I am the mother of a 4th grader and a Kindergartner.  Both of my kids are now "school age".  I feel kind of old.
 Such a cutie! I am so lucky to get to see him at lunch every day.  He is still little so I get at least 2 kisses and he puts his arm around my neck when we talk. I just love this little guy!!
 Daryle always takes off on the first day of school.  I love that he does this. He always takes cute pictures.  Of course Travis didn't want to be seen with him and ran off to play soccer on the big field.  Thankfully he had to take Connor to the other side of the school where lots of parents had cameras.  Connor is so lucky to go to school with 3 of his good friends from preschool.  He is already asking me if he can go to High School as well as college with them....  All I can think is "Here comes trouble!!"  lol   At least he knows college is in his future... right?
The school year is off and running in our neck of the woods. I get one year with both of my boys at my school together.  
I think the real tears will start for me next year when Travis goes to Middle School.  Until then I will enjoy this year to the fullest!  So far so good!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Scorpions are disgusting and they make me cringe.

It's ironic that having two kids in school makes you feel old because when I saw that first picture of you I thought, Man, Lisa just never ages! She still looks like her cute self from years ago. :)