Friday, August 16, 2013

Travis' Journey Home



www.onetruemedia.com

Sometimes I can hardly believe it has been 9 years since we brought Travis home.  In some ways it seems like yesterday. In other ways it seems like a lifetime ago.  Either way, I wouldn't change a thing! 

This summer I decided I needed to make a video for Travis like I made for Connor. The challenge was that most of Travis' first year or two home was taken on film.  I started to get CD's made when I developed the film but all of the pictures I took in Russia were on film only. Luckily I had saved the negatives and fortunately Costco does an excellent job at putting negatives onto CD.  I also had to do some scanning.  It took me days to get it all accomplished. I am so glad I had the time to complete this project.  One thing I noticed as I was doing this was that we all looked so YOUNG!  LOL  I don't know if parenting has aged us or what... I don't FEEL any older! 

All things aside, we are so happy to be celebrating this special day after all these years. Sometimes going through the daily grind, along with life's ups and downs, makes us forget what we went through to bring Travis home.  Keeping this fresh in our minds once a year is a good time to reflect on all of the good that has resulted from this adoption.  This is my family. I never in a million years thought this would be how my family would be made.  Once again I am reminded, and am in awe, of the power of faith and prayer in our lives.  I see it first hand in the eyes of my children. 
I am beyond grateful. 

Happy 9th Gotcha Day Travis!
I love you!
XOXOXOXOXO

No comments: