Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Boy have we been busy over the last week or so. (Warning, this post is long with a lot of pictures!) Just as I finished up conferences and all the craziness associated with that, my brother came to town for a visit. He doesn't get down here much, so we are pretty excited when he decides to leave rainy Seattle for our dry climate. My mom and dad had a family get-together on Sunday, it was so much fun to see my aunts, uncles and multitude of cousins. I will start off with a few pictures from Rob's visit.
Here are Travis and Clara playing hide-and-seek with all of their cousins. Boy was it a house full! They played so well together, Travis enjoyed sort of "being in charge" of the 2 and 3 year old crowd! LOL
Here are Travis and Lilly, she is the older one of the bunch, Travis can't push her around. He adores her!
Here are my boys and I with Uncle Rob before we left for our trip to California to visit even more friends and family.
Ahh, we arrived in Santa Rosa!! Here is Travis with Grandma and of course Charles. It was amazing how Charles finally befriended Travis (we think it was due to old age and senility!). He let Travis take pictures of him and he actually came downstairs while my children were awake from time to time.
The boys in Oakland waiting for our rental car to take us in Santa Rosa.
We had a nice picnic lunch at the park. We had to eat fast, the yellow jackets were after us!
Connor loves to swing!
Even though Grandma bought all kinds of toys, what did Connor prefer to play with?? V8 juice cans and any other thing he could find in Grandma's cupboards. (Soup cans, boxes of pasta, cat food, coffee creamer, plastic containers, you get the picture!)
The following pictures are some of the funniest! Travis decided to play photographer and take some pictures of Charles. In the past years, Charles hides to keep away from Travis. This year I guess he gave up. Not only did Travis get about 20 pictures of Charles on this bed, as I looked closer I saw how Travis started arranging toys around poor Charles! Here are some of my favorite.
You never know when Charles will need a golf club!
Travis told us that Charles took this picture of Travis...we were rolling with laughter!! I am sure this is all Charles sees when Travis tramples into Grandma's house. All I can think of is the scene in Finding Nemo where the little girl is shaking up the poor fishy in the baggie...I am certain that is how most animals feel when my boys storm into a room!
Here is charles with a cat toy on his head, Travis was so proud of his work!
The weather was beautiful while we were there. This day we went to another park while Connor took a nap. We found lots of leaves and started our collection.Another day Daddy and Uncle Billy took Travis to his first trip to Scandia! Word is that Travis scored 3 hole in ones... and yes, they were all legitamate!!
Connor loves being outside, but we have to keep a very close eye on him at all times. He is FAST! Here is Uncle Billy helping Connor out while he explores the yard.
We had to snap a quick family shot because on Monday I got a call from our agency that we need to do our post placement on Wednesday (now that is TODAY!) and I need to supply 2 pictures of all four of us together. Hmmm, not sure how many of those we have! Here is one, "just in case". I didn't think we would need to meet with her until November, well, I guess the agency merged with another agency so things are changing again. Thank goodness our little guy is home!
Grandpa with his two favorite grandsons.
Last Sunday was Grandpa's birthday (also my mom's birthday...hers was a milestone, we won't say which one though! I think it is around 40... lol) We put in a candle and sang, Grandpa was embarrassed.... I told him, when you have kids around it is all about the cake and candles! We had these cupcakes left over from the party the day before, they workd out pretty well.
Here is "Messy Marvin" aka Connor, eating some chocolate cake. He sure loves it!
My cheerful baby riding in the car on the way to the airport. HOME here we come!
Travis making himself comfy in the car on the way to the airport, it was a lovely rainy and stormy day. That made for some adventures returning the rental car and making it all in one piece inside the actual airport. By the time we made it there, we were soaked!
Daddy driving us cheerfully to the airport, if he had to drive in this daily I don't think he would be so cheerful!
This is how we all felt once we got home ... TIRED!
We had a great time. I fogot to get out my camera on Saturday, we had a nice party with lots of friends and family. I am so sad that I didn't get any pictures. That is so unlike me! Several people drove quite a ways to come visit with us. That sure made us feel special! Thanks so much to all who came, it was great seeing you and Connor loved meeting you too. Although we had fun and LOVED the weather, we were all so glad to be home in our own beds last night.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That picture of Travis and Clara is so cute. She had so much fun playing with him, all the more reason I was bummed the zoo didn't work out. Oh well, there will always be a next time. :)