Saturday, December 12, 2009

Accomplishments

This week has been a bit crazy around here. Truthfully, just about every week is crazy but this week was crazy with me actually getting things done. Here is what I am proud of:

  • I finished my 7th class towards my Master's Degree. This one had A LOT of work, I have a lot of sweat and tears rolled into this one! (only 5 more! I graduate in one year, Woohoo!)

  • I finished my report cards. Normally that isn't too big of a deal. However, we have a new system this year. The first quarter was a disaster for all. After I input all of my grades for this quarter I was informed that I forgot to check a certain box. Ok, I thought. I will go in and check the box. The problem with that is the minute you click the box all of the grades are erased. Great. Add 2-3 more hours on top of my report card chore. Good thing is that now they are D.O.N.E. done!!
  • I went to my first jury duty on Friday. I didn't get selected, thank goodness, but it was interesting. I was there for about 2 hours and I did have to get up and answer questions in front of everybody. When I sat down I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest. For some reason I was so nervous that I would forget to answer one of the questions. You would think that two times in a Russian court would have prepared me for that! LOL

I still have more things to do this week like address and mail my Christmas cards, do some Christmas shopping, wrap gifts, get through this last week of school before break and on Tuesday Connor has to go in for an out-patient surgery. I am taking off Tuesday and possibly Wednesday to be home with him. I hope it all goes well. Nothing serious, just a problem stemming from a procedure that was done in August. I am praying that the dr gets it right this time. He is also being put under to have a more thorough eye exam. When we are in the office he is a spit-fire beyond belief! This way they can get an accurate look. Since he has that birthmark over his eye he is at risk for glaucoma. This will let us know if we need to be concerned about anything at this time.

Grandpa has been here and has been taking lots of pictures. I hope to get some up soon. ;-) Have a great weekend, I know I am having one!

No comments: