Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Enough Already

Yesterday Connor started to get a cough. I started breathing treatments. I picked him up from the babysitter today and he was coughing A LOT. I got him home and did a breathing treatment, it didn't help much. Then I realized he had a slight fever. Within an hour his temp went from 99.8 to 101.4. Uh-oh. I called the after hours advice nurse. Thankfully this time I got somebody who was competent. I told her the whole story of what has been going on with him. She gave me a laundry list of things to watch for with him. Then I went over by him to check on his foot and she said, "Is that him? Please put the phone up to him so I can hear him better." The next thing I know I am taking him to the ER. After sitting there for 4 hours it was determined he has RSV. My poor baby. We are all exhausted. I must say he is the best baby ever! I still can't believe how he can just sit there and stay entertained while being so sick. I am glad February is a short month. It is usually my favorite month, this year I just wish it would hurry up and leave before I have to spend more money on medical bills!!!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Seriously? You need a break! I hope he gets better soon and the craziness stops.