Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm not this "old" to have friends this long!

First of all, let my begin by saying that the Hawes boys seem to be fairing better this week. Thank goodness for small miracles! Connor is still not 100% himself, but his fever has been gone since Saturday, his cough is better, and his toe is healing. Tonight I noticed the swelling has finally gone down. Travis is feeling better too. Daryle went to the doctor on Monday to find out he has strep throat. Poor guy. I am staying strong and willing away all of those bad germs! Even though I have a sore throat, nothing will stop me. I have a research paper to do this weekend for goodness sakes!

This weekend I had some time to get away from all of the craziness in my household. Two of my "oldest" friends came to visit me and my family!! (We're not old, we have just known each other since elementary school!) Paulet and I have been friends since 4th grade when my family moved to Spokane, Washington. Lanie came in 6th grade and we have all been friends since then. There are more people in our group, but these are the two who made it out for a visit. I haven't seen Lanie since I moved away in 1987 and the last time I saw Paulet was when she was the maid of honor in my wedding.... over 15 years ago! It is amazing to have friends for that many years! To top it off, it was like time hadn't even passed. We had a relaxing weekend just eating out, getting pedicures and laying in the sun. It was a much needed break for all of us. Here we are, we haven't aged a bit!

Travis is into "making funny faces" at the camera. Here he was "sleeping".
Thank goodness my friends are such good sports, they agreed to take one nice picture and then a goofy picture with Travis. Of course I have to post the goofy ones because they are so funny!! (Sorry girls!)

I don't want to jinx us, but things seem to be settling down around here. We haven't had a doctor appointment since last week, except for Daryle. It was so awesome to have a relaxing weekend with some dear friends. Special thanks to Lanie for initiating the visit! It makes me want to take a trip back to Spokane to see my "old stomping grounds" so to speak. I haven't been back since I left in the summer of 1987. One of these days I will get there, I promise!!

No comments: