Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surviving

I just noticed that I haven't updated in awhile. We have been quite busy around here, as usual. The class I am taking right now has been very demanding and is sucking every free moment away from me. Each week I have had a 6-8 page research paper due. This week I have to add a PowerPoint presentation to the regularly scheduled paper. Plus I had to write a ficticious letter to a prospective Student Teacher giving them advice. Hmm. Sort of hard to keep it positive given all the cutbacks we are facing right now. (By the way, if you live in Arizona please consider voting YES on Prop. 100! Students and teachers will thank you. So will police officers, etc, etc.) Housework has gone by the wayside as I struggle to keep my head above water. To make things even more eventful around here Connor woke up with a slight fever. By his nap time it had climbed to 101.8. I gave him Tylenol and he woke up very sweaty as if the fever broke. No such luck. By bedtime it was 102.6. Poor baby. At least he is able to sleep, for now anyway. I think the strange part is that I have no idea what is wrong. He isn't coughing or anything. If I had to place a bet I would say it could be another ear infection. Time will tell. Just another day in our house.

On a positive note, after Wednesday I will be finished with classes until June. After this I only have 3 more classes and then in December I will be D.O.N.E. DONE!!! I am so looking forward to that day. Do you think NAU will give me any special honors or recognition for completing this straight through while also adopting my son from Russia, adjusting to life with a new family member, enduring my children's medical issues plus parenting a strong willed 7 year old and teaching all day?? Just asking.

No comments: