Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Fun

Wow, I can hardly believe another Halloween has come and gone again. This year Connor was a pirate and Travis was a "Mac Daddy". (Daddy took him costume shopping, I was just glad it wasn't blood and guts!) They both were pretty cute if I do say so myself. Not that I am biased or anything... LOL We actually had two nights of Halloween. Our town did Trunk or Treat on Saturday night and then of course Halloween was on Sunday night. They had a blast at both places. Saturday night was hectic, we stood in line for an hour just to get to the trunks to trick-or-treat. Oh well, the cars were decorated pretty cool and the kids loved it. After that we pretty much called it a night. I wasn't sure how Connor was going to do trick-or-treating, but he had a blast! He walked around like he owned the neighborhood. He was so cute! He said thank you to everybody. Of course he had to do everything "Big Brother" did, which made it even funnier.
Here is my little pirate:
Can I tell you it is VERY difficult to get a two year old to stand still for a picture... add in a costume and sugar and you get this! LOL
Finally, a decent shot of them both... too bad they aren't standing very close to each other.
We had to go outside for some annual outside shots too.
The sun was in their eyes so we had to go around to this side of the bush. They were much happier campers over here.
Here they are on the actual night of Halloween. The three amigos.... I don't know about you, but they look like trouble to me! LOL
This is pretty much all we saw all the way down the street. Too cute.
As I was downloading my pictures I realized a few things. First, I didn't get one picture of my brother with the kids. He was visiting from Seattle (he came for the WSU/ASU game.... if you saw the score you might understand why maybe he didn't want to be in any pictures!!) and came trick-or-treating with us. It actually reminded me of the "olden days" when we would get on our costumes and watch the sun go down before our parents would let us do our own trick-or-treating. We always used a pillow case and tried very hard to fill it up! The other thing I realized is that even though there were three grandparents here they didn't get in a picture either. I am not in any either for that matter. However, we ALL were there! All in all it was a good weekend, busy but good. Next stop... Thanksgiving and a milestone birthday for Daryle!!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

They look like trouble to me too. Ha ha. I love Travis' costume. Oh, and your flowers are oh, so fallish!

Grammy said...

You only get your picture taken if you are in a costume ... that's how it is on Halloween. Who wants to look at non-costumed people??? Not me! and yes! Your flowers are beautiful!