Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Randomness

It seems like we have been busy around here. I am not sure exactly what we have been doing but I know that the minute my head hits the pillow I am out like a light! It may have something to do with the fact that Connor has been waking up somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30...and there is NO putting him back to bed. No way. No how. He is up and ready to rumble! This morning was wonderful... he slept until 6 am! Way to go! I was actually all showered and dressed by the time he got up today. I hope this trend continues. I like it much better.
The boys have been playing in the backyard a lot. The weather has been absolutely beautiful and they both LOVE to be outside. I like it when they are outside too. (Except of course when they decide to throw limes over the fence into the neighbor's yard... yes even Connor can throw high enough to make it over!)
This weekend Daryle made his "famous" chili for a day of football. He is really quite funny when he cooks. He cut up all of the veggies just perfectly. I had to take a picture. Looks like it should be in a cookbook somewhere.
Travis has officially been bitten by the football bug. That is all he wants to play. This weekend he donned this delightful outfit and started making some poses. I guess I will have to sign him up for flag football next year. Sigh. He loves playing and evidently he is pretty good. (So says his daddy, grandpa, and our neighbor.) I of course just see a 7 year old boy playing ball and having a good time.
Then I caught Travis taping this to his bottom. He is too much sometimes!
Oh goodness. He is even getting Connor in on the action. Travis will throw the ball and tell me "Look mom, it's a spiral!" So then Connor picks up the ball, yells "Spiral!" and the ball goes about one foot in front of him. It is so cute. He adores his big brother and tries to do everything he does. Sometimes I can't wait for them to get "just a little older" and then other times I just want to freeze them like they are right now. Everybody knows they grow up fast enough as it is!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

6am??? I would have to make some serious adjustments in my life if Clara woke up that early. (Don't remind me what's about to happen in about a month...) When we moved, Clara was waking up around 6:30-7 for a few weeks and I almost went crazy. ;)

I'm very impressed with Daryle's meticulous vegetable dicing skills.

Mary Ann said...

Your little football players are so cute! Travis is ready for the game right now.