Sunday, January 9, 2011

Soccer Stud

Soccer season has started up again at our house. Although Travis is pretty athletic, I do think that soccer is one he excels at. This could be due to the fact that he has played since he was 4. I remember his first season well. There were 8 games total. He sat on my lap and cried through the first six games. Then he discovered playing goalie. Not long after that he found out he could run. He then realized that running leads to scoring. After game 6 his life was never the same again. My little soccer star was born. It has been so much fun watching him grow and change in this sport. I am sure he has a lot more growing to do still! As I was watching him yesterday a few things went through my mind. One was, boy is he ever confident out there. The way he stands. The way he runs. Everything. The second thought was, how did I miss this? Was it because the last two soccer seasons I missed so many games because 1. I had classes or 2. was it because last year I had to entertain Connor up on the playground for most of the time? I think it was a combination of the two. Whatever the case may be, my little boy is growing up. I don't know if I am ready for this! One thing I do know is that I really enjoy watching him play and I am so glad that Connor can sit in his little chair, eat some snacks, and cheer on his big brother. I am loving this next phase in our lives!


Like father, like son....
I can't leave little Connor out of the fun. This little cup of snacks kept him going for quite some time.
Grammy, would you like a teddy graham? I picked it up off the ground, I brushed off the grass...?
No? Well then how about this orange fruit snack? I don't think I licked this one...
Travis is good at scoring (in fact he scored the ONLY goal of the game in the last few seconds! No pics of that, I was chasing Connor. Thankfully we did see the goal. We watched...well yelled and cheered... as Travis scored and then ran around, threw up his hands in the air and proceded to run and jump right into Daryle's arms! It was quite the sight for sure!! He then got high fives from the whole team. What a way to end the first game!) However, he is also well seasoned at goalie. No fear.

I am sure it sounds like I am bragging. But that is what moms do, right? I think it's my job. Just wait until Connor starts playing. He is already asking me "Where is my team?" The sweetest part of the game was when Connor went over to Travis, bent down to him and said in his sweet little voice, "Good job Travis!" My heart melted. I think this brother thing is working out.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

There's nothing wrong with bragging. It's just sharing about your kids, right? You can't help it if it sounds like bragging - it's the truth! :)