Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Great Outdoors

This is our second week of fall break. I love this time of the year, especially when we have such beautiful weather.  This morning my neighbor and I took the kids to San Tan Regional Park for a hike.  This was Connor's first experience with this type of outdoor activity. I would say it was a huge success.  (Before we went Connor asked me, "Mom, can I really climb a mountain?  Will you teach me how?")  lol  Here are the kids as we prepared for our hike. 
 This was the view the two mom's had.... watching the kids run off ahead of us!  I caught Travis and Connor holding hands for a few minutes. 
 Stopping for some water and enjoying the view.
 Here I am with my boys, checking out the great view.
 Towards the end of the trail the kids found this bench under a palo verde tree.  It was hard to get a good picture because they all kept moving around!
 As you can see, non stop action!
 When we got home the kids still wanted to play and hang out. Some other neighbors on the street came out to play too. They have five adorable puppies.  Travis has been in heaven ever since he found out about them.  They will only be around for five more days and then they get to go to their new homes. I am not sure that Travis knows this.  The good news is that the family is keeping one of the puppies so he can visit with that one when he needs to!  Here are Travis and Kylie enjoying some "puppy love".
 Travis was trying to line them up for a picture. They were not cooperating.
 Yes, he actually got all five to sit on his lap! Look at that smile on his face, he is such an animal lover!
 Here are the kids sitting in a circle loving on all of the puppies.  Where is Connor you might ask?  Well, he ran home and was playing Candy land and Hi Ho Cheerio in our house. By himself.  He had a blast.  I kept telling him to come out and see the puppies and play with the kids.  Nope, he had better things to do I guess! He can be such a character at times. My little independent guy.  (Daryle asked if I locked up the Vaseline... haha!)
 Look at the boys holding up those doggies for the picture!
 Today was also special because it was Grammy and Red Truck Grandpa's birthdays.  (I have always found it funny that Daryle's dad and my mom have the same birthday!)  My kids are so lucky to have the best grandparents in the world.  They loved giving them their birthday presents, having lunch, lighting candles, singing Happy Birthday, and eating cake and ice cream with them.  Of course they all enjoyed the visiting and countless games of Candy land too!

 
As you can see, we just had to use some random candles we had in the house.  Grammy's candles are more reflective of her true age... grandpa's.. well, not so much! Connor blew them all out, so I guess it didn't matter much anyway! Happy Birthday to you both, we love you so much!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

This makes me want to go hiking.

What cute puppy dogs!

That is funny that your mom and Daryle's dad have the same b-day. Life is funny like that.