Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yes, I Should Be Taking More Pictures!

Often times we go somewhere and I suddenly think, "Oh man, I should have brought my camera!"  Like yesterday when I took the boys to the dentist.  It was Connor's first official dentist visit.  He did an awesome job by the way. He was nervous, but did everything they asked him to do.  He even got a ticket for the No Cavities Club!  The dentist office took his picture, since it was his first time visiting. Now why didn't I think of that??  (Of course my scanner is broken so this will be a very cute picture hanging on the refrigerator for now.)  Travis did a super job at the dentist too. Yesterday morning I was asked if he could go in by himself... sigh... I told him he would have to since I had to be with Connor.  Sometimes I think Travis is growing up too fast. Thank goodness for me I had to take care of  Connor so it didn't hurt my ego or feelings so much when he said that to me.   If I didn't have Connor I think I would have been crushed.  I am shocked that Travis got in the No Cavities Club as well...  I mean that in the nicest way!  I am hoping and praying we won't have to do braces, but only time will tell with Travis.  He might be facing some crowding on the top.  For right now we are just in the "wait and see" stage. 

This past weekend Home Depot had the usual Saturday craft. However, this time they also had a safety fair with it.  I brought my camera this time!  As you can see, they had a lot of fun.  Here they are "fishing" for prizes.


 Connor made out with this black Halloween balloon. 
 I would say the fire truck was the hit of the morning.  When Connor got up close he was soooo darned excited! He said, "OH WOW MOM LOOK AT THAT HUGE FIRE TRUCK!!"   Of course that made the firefighters day. It was pretty cute.
 Here they are, all seat belted in (thanks to Travis.. the safety conscious child) ready to fight a fire.
 Here are all three of my boys, posing with the big truck. Such manly men they are!  LOL
 This weekend the boys also went through a painting stage. It is only watercolors so I figured why not. They actually did pretty well with them.  Connor had a really good picture at one point... then he kept going and going... thus the big black spot on his page!
 Future Picasso??!
We are finally on our two week Fall Break. It couldn't have come at a better time.  School has been rough for me this quarter.  I love my class, no problems there. Just other "stuff" going on with my job that can be quite stressful. It took me the entire weekend to "recover", put things behind me and move on.  Thank goodness for my boys, they have helped me to forget some of the craziness that has been going on lately.  We have some fun things planned for the break, so check back in with us and see what we are up to. The weather is also cooling off, which means we can spend more time outside.  We are also busy planning Halloween costumes because that will be here before we know it. Until next time...

No comments: