Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goggles. They Are Not Just For the Pool!

Connor LOVES the water.  It doesn't matter if it is a swimming pool, the ocean, a hose, or a bathtub. He will take it any way he can.  The other day he saw the goggles that Travis uses when he goes swimming.  He wanted to try them out in the bathtub. I thought, why not?  Since he splashes and "dives" in the tub like it is a  swimming pool, why not try out the goggles too?  Here he is modeling. I have a few others that are just as cute.... but I don't think they need to be shared publicly! 

 "Diving" for buried treasure. He thinks he is a pirate on an adventure.
In other news, Travis got some shrinky dinks for Christmas. I was so excited when I found them at the store. This is one of those things where Daryle and I say, "We did these when we were kids!" Then Travis gives us that look like, "You mean you two were once KIDS?!  Whatever you did, I am not too sure it was cool."  They never made kits like this when I was a kid.  Daryle and I were both pretty excited to try it out
 Here were a few almost ready for the oven.   
 Not the best, but proof that Travis was getting into it. I don't have a picture of the finished ones, but boy were they small!!  They turned out cute.   We still have more, but we need to do them when we have actual time to complete something around here.  Extra time?  Not sure what that is lately...
In my last late breaking news .... after 7 years of living in this house our naval orange tree finally produced 4 oranges.  I was waiting to pick them and take a picture of them on our Charlie Brown Orange Tree when the kids came in with their arms full.  "Mom!  Look what we found outside on the orange tree!!"  I just sighed ... I wasn't sure they were ready to be picked yet. Not much I could do at that point, so we cut one open and tried it.
Although they were pretty oranges, they didn't taste all that great.  On the other hand, Blue (the guinea pig) found them quite tasty and ate every ounce of them.  Now that we know the tree is capable of making oranges I guess we will pay more attention to the stick with branches and leaves that is growing in the backyard.  When we first planted the tree I had grand visions of picking baskets of oranges that we had grown on our very own tree. I love oranges, fresh ones are the best.  I just hope next year we get some more... and that this time they taste good too! I guess I need to go do some research on that one. 

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

THEY STILL MAKE SHRINKY DINKS??? I loved those as a kid.

Bummer about the oranges... I wish I could give you some advice on how to make them taste great, but we have had absolutely no influence on our oranges, so I don't. :) If you come to Angela's shower, you can have a bag.