Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out and About

Tomorrow we return to school and business resumes to crazy normal.  I figured I had better try and finish up writing about what we have been up to these past two weeks.  The day after Christmas Uncle Billy and Patti drove in from Santa Rosa. This seems to be a tradition now and every year we all have a great time hanging out and visiting with each other.  Last week my mom and I took the boys to the movies.  Yes, Connor wanted to wear his pajama shirt all. day. long.  I decided it would be a day to choose my battles.... he is only 3 after all.  I need to let him get it out of his system.  Here are the boys outside the theater.
The next day we went to McCormick Ranch with Uncle Billy and Patti. I remember going here when I was just a kid.  The train is still the same, but so much else has changed.  We always have a great time when we go there, it had been a few years since we were there last.  This was Connor's first time and I am not sure what all Travis remembered. The weather has been beautiful so we spent a lot of time outside last week. Here is Travis waiting for the train... you can see it going by in the background...
They had a bunch of cut outs for picture taking... here are Patti and Travis in the caboose.
Connor wanted to sit right up front.  Lucky for him the spot was available.  He wanted Uncle Billy to sit right next to him.  Connor thought he was actually driving the train I think! He waved to everybody we passed by, it was pretty cute.
At some point in the day we realized Connor had his pants on backwards....  at least he dressed himself! (That is the drawstring hanging out the back!)
The park also has a cool train museum.  Here are the boys checking out some of the cool stuff in the lobby.
We barely had time for the park. Travis must be growing up... he preferred to sit and watch as opposed to running all over the playground.  (I think it was a bit too crowded for him that day.)  He looks so big here!
Connor climbed up this "rock wall" all by himself. He was so proud!
On New Year's Eve day we all decided to head to the zoo.  My parent's got us a membership for Christmas and we could not wait to take the kids.  Connor had never been to the zoo before and Daryle and I both wanted to be there on his first trip.  Uncle Billy and Patti love going to the zoo too so we all had a great time. Here are the boys at the new Komodo Dragon exhibit.
 Daryle says this one reminds him of the Peanut's comic strip where Lucy has her psychiatrist sign hanging up.... advice for 50 cents.... he looks so wise!
 Here we are, our first family trip to the zoo.   We had a wonderful time!
Hopefully I will get to the New  Year's Eve post before the end of the month... LOL!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

This is really random, but we went to the train park last week too and Clara had her shirt on backwards the entire time. Ha ha. :)