Saturday, July 28, 2012

Change

There have been some changes around here in the last week or two.  One thing has to do with Mr. Connor and his hair.  It was time for a cut... he kept reminding me day after day... so when I took him in we decided to try out a new hair cut.  I told the girl we would go for a "little boy haircut".  Of course she styled it and gave him some spikes.  I can't believe how grown up Connor looks in this picture. Unbelievable. My little baby is growing up.  As always, that is so bittersweet!
 Here is a view of the side and back. He looks so different! I do like how it turned out he just looks, sounds, and walks a little differently now! I guess he has a little pep in his step these days. 
 Poor Petey. While I was trying to get Connor to cooperate this little guy just wanted his picture taken too. He is getting big, we love him lots!
 Monday evening we had Meet the Teacher Night at school.  Travis has a teacher that is new to our school this year. I am super excited for him to be in this class.  I must say, this new teacher's classroom looks like it could be in a magazine!  I  have never actually seen a real live classroom that looked like this before. Also, I have been really impressed with the things I have seen coming home.  He is already doing some cool math and science activities. He is in heaven with that.  If only I could get him excited about reading we will be on to something.  Anyway, that night he was given a homework assignment to bring in the first day of school. His teacher gave him a bag and said to put some things in it that tell about yourself.  I was cracking up because I saw Travis out back trying to take a picture of himself with Petey.  Actually, it turned out pretty good!
 I took another one for him so he could see all of Petey.  Travis just LOVES this puppy. They have that true boy/dog love relationship.  Every morning when Petey hears Travis' voice his tail goes crazy and he gets super excited. He loves Connor too, but I think Travis and Petey have a special bond between the two of them.
 Wednesday was our first day of school.  Connor is still going to the same place. He is counting down the days until he gets to go to "Mommy's school".  I told him he needed to go back one more year to teach the 3 year olds about preschool. He was ok with that. He takes these things very seriously!  I still can't get over how big he got this summer.
 You can see this guy is growing up! Look at that pose!  This year he chose a backpack with one strap.  It sure was heavy that first day with all of his supplies but he made it. The sun was bothering him, that is why he looks as if  he is still sleeping.
 My boys, first day of school.
I am thankful that things are pretty calm with the boys this year. No major changes for Connor.  A new grade and new teacher for Travis. I only see positive things there.  As for me, I have a lot of changes at work.  We are implementing the new Common Core Standards which means we will be teaching the standards differently. I am excited about it but at the same time I am nervous because things are a lot different.  The good part of my week is that our principal was given permission to hire a new teacher in our grade since we all had 31 kids in our class. That is a LOT of second graders. I feel some relief that I only have another week or so and then the numbers will be more manageable. I really like all of the kids in my class, it will be hard to see some of them go.  However, I will be a much happier and more productive teacher if I have fewer students in my classroom.  Well, I guess this school year is off and running.  Hang on tight, 'cuz here we goooooo!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mad white woman said...

If I were a teacher, having a fellow teacher's child as a student would give me anxiety. :)

Good luck with the school year!