Sunday, August 5, 2012

What Is Going On At Our House?

After much thought and consideration we decided to sign both boys up for fall baseball. We had considered doing soccer but when we found out Connor could play T-ball we decided on baseball.  Connor is SOOOO excited! He has been walking around the house carrying this bat (of course he always has his batting gloves on AND his cleats!) and saying, "Dad, I am ready to play baseball!!"

I told Daryle he has created a little monster!  Yesterday Connor got a new bat just for him as well as his very own baseball bag. He carries it around talking about how he is ready to play ball. I can hear him talking about all of the home runs he is going to hit and how he has big plans to "hit the ball out of the park." He is quite the little character!  For the past two weeks Daryle has been taking the boys down to our local school to practice on the ball fields after dinner. Daryle took these the other night when they went out to play.
I love this picture and decided I need to have Daryle take more pictures around here.
 Here is Connor's "baseball stare". Would you want to him to pitch you a ball??
 Daryle sometimes has Travis hit off the tee to work on leveling out his swing. 
 Connor is preparing for his home run derby....

Sometimes it is so hot we need to end our evenings with a little ice cream sundae! 
The rest of our time is spent at work and at school. So far so good. Travis is enjoying Third Grade. Connor loves his school and has even made a few new friends.  I am happy because we hired another teacher so by Friday I will go from having 31 kiddos to 23 kiddos.  Phew!  We will be able to get so much more done.  I am thrilled!
Friday night was horrible though. Around 9 pm we realized our air was not working.  I hardly slept a wink.  I actually slept with ice cold gel packs on me!!  Finally it was fixed by noon the next day. Our house got up to 88 degrees inside. That is awful! We usually keep it at 78, so you can only imagine how stifling it was in here!  The good part is that whatever it was that broke was still covered by warranty so it only cost us $100 to fix.  Thank goodness for that!
I can hardly believe August has arrived. It  is already going to be a busy month.  The good part is that we are that much closer to our cooler weather!

No comments: