Sunday, October 21, 2012

Champions!

Yesterday was one crazy day filled with baseball for our family.  Connor started the day with a t-ball game at 8 in the morning.  He decided to start playing again (for two games he refused to play in the game...such a stubborn little guy!) since his dad was able to come to the game AND he helped out the coach. Connor was in heaven.  He had his "Coach Daddy" at last. He had two awesome hits and did a fabulous job in the game. He was so excited when the coach gave him the game ball at the end of the game. He was sooo excited, you would have thought he won the lottery! Well, to him he did actually!  Of course I didn't have my camera, but I can assure you he looked very cute walking around showing everybody his ball.  He said, "LOOK!  I GOT THIS GAME BALL BECAUSE I SHOWED UP! OH, AND I PLAYED VERY HARD TOO!!!"  It was pretty cute. 
 
After that game it was time for Travis' Halloween Tournament to start.  The league puts all of the kids names who want to play into a hat. The coaches pull out names and form a team with those kids.  Travis was lucky, his name got pulled out for the same team as his friend Jon.  The first game was at 9:30. I couldn't stay because I already had a hair appointment that I needed to keep.  His team won very easily. However, the last play of the game Travis and two others had a collision. Daryle told me Travis' nose hit another kids head.  Travis came up with blood everywhere. The visual he gave me was, "Travis' hands looked like he skinned his first deer......"  UGH. I am glad I wasn't there, I think I might have had a panic attack with that much blood!  The team got to go home and rest up before the next game at 1:30.  I went to that game AND I brought my camera. That game was so boring, I think we won 22-1 or something like that.  I didn't even take out my camera at all.  After two wins we were headed to the championship game at 7:00.  Of course I forgot my camera. (Thank goodness Jon's mom at least had her phone and she sent me these pictures from the end of the game).  We actually played the team we had beat at 9:30 that morning.  This was a nail biter for sure!!  For most of the game we were a little bit behind.  At one point they scored several runs in a row.  All of a sudden we see that one of the coaches is protesting something. I found out later that Daryle (he was just a helper coach) noticed that one of their runners never touched Third base. Ooops. That means every run after that didn't count. Boy oh boy was the other team MAD!!  The ump also saw it but didn't say anything until we protested it.  He was willing to let it go but since we saw it and protested it and the ump saw it too the runs didn't count. Wow. This was serious business. Even the ump turned to us at one point and said, "Geez, this is like the World Series!"  My stomach was tied up in knots!  This game took 2 hours to complete.  The tension was crazy.  I forget which inning, but yes, Travis hit a home run!!!   We were behind by 3 and that helped catch us up a bit.  He hit that home run right out to left field, amazing!!  We thought it was going to be a triple but then the coach sent him on and can you believe Travis made it to home plate about 1 second before the ball made it?????  OH.MY.GOSH!  Talk about STRESS!! In the final inning we were down by 1 run and had two outs with the bases loaded.  This one kid hit the ball out to right field and hit in one runner to tie it up and the next runner to win, there were two more behind them but they never even crossed the plate because we had WON THE GAME!!!  It was one amazing finale!  We are so proud of these boys, they played their little hearts out. This is the first time Travis has actually won a trophy, and first place at that!  Woot, woot!
I just love this one. I tried to crop this but those camera phones aren't always the best quality.  I am just thankful to have some pics that capture the memories!
Coach Dad and Travis... very proud!
And boys will be boys!!
What an exhausting day! I am so proud of the team, they did an awesome job.  I am glad they won too.  Thank goodness we have time today to rest a bit and get some chores done around the house.  Being a Baseball Mom is hard work!  

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

If we don't end up having any boys, we might need to come watch some of your boys' games so Jason can get his sports fix. :)