Sunday, November 4, 2012

Orphan Sunday

After reading around and lurking on various blogs this morning I came across a couple of things that really seemed to hit me.  First of all, I have been so busy  with my own hectic life that I forgot that the first Sunday in November is Orphan Sunday and that November is Adoption Awareness Month.  Secondly, I came across this quote from another adoption blog.  (I loved it and had to share, I hope they don't mind!)
 
“We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes…” – David Platt
Those words are powerful.
 
On another blog I came across this video.  It is not very long, if you have a few moments please take a few minutes to watch it.
 
 
After watching this I feel compelled to help and do something. I really, really want to help with this project. I don't know right now what I am going to do or how I am going to do it.  But there is one thing I know for sure, I am going to help with this project in some way.  I can't stop thinking about it. I feel the need to share about this project and hope that others are touched the way I have been touched.     

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That is a beautiful quote. I think it can be applied to so many different things too.