Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Fun

 It's hard to believe that our summer is already half way over! Yikes! Where does the time go?  The kids have already spent some time running through the sprinklers. It surprised me that they had no idea what to do until I ran through them myself. Then they kind of stared at me like I was off my rocker. Eventually they got he hang of it and had some fun. We don't have a pool so this is as good as it gets around here these days.


 Connor approves!
 Travis has been sleeping in around here a lot this summer. Connor, Petey and I have just been lying around enjoying our mornings together.

 Daryle took some time to cook our favorite brats on the BBQ. Yummy!


 Connor did some science experiments.
  Travis went to the sleepover at Chase Field and invited some friends to come along as well. They had fun swimming in the pool too.
Ice cream included!
 It seems like my husband and kids have been spending a lot of time at Chase Field.  Less than two weeks after the sleep over was Star Wars Day at Chase Field.  Connor loves to dress up and so does his daddy!  This has become their tradition the past two years.  Connor went right up to these guys and grabbed their hands. Too cute!
 Love the hand!!
 More holding hands. Too funny!

 My Little Darth
 Connor loves these guys!
 He even got on the jumbo tron!
I guess I haven't been very good at taking pictures of our daily activities. No pictures of the library, swimming at Grammy's, lounging around the house in our jammies all day (well we only did that about 3 or 4 days ... at the most! haha), dentist appointments, lunch with friends, painting the laundry room, painting doors, making minor repairs, washing the blinds, washing window coverings, cleaning all of the stuff above my kitchen cabinets, going to the movies, and going to Little League games as well as football conditioning practice.  Yes we have been busy. No I have not been carrying the camera all around with me to document all of this fun.  It has been a pretty low key summer thus far.  On Thursday Travis and Grandpa will head to California. On Saturday Connor and I will do the same.  Poor Daryle has to stay here. He used up all of his time recovering from surgery earlier this year.  When we get back we only have two weeks until our lives to back to the rat race.  For now we are enjoying just taking it one day at a time. Yay for summer!

No comments: