Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here we are!

Well, we made our decision to go back to Russia around the beginning of May. I do know that on Mother's Day we had decided that a special someone was missing from our family. I did some research and found an agency that is about 20 minutes from our house. It will be so great to have an agency close by this time around! We turned in our application at the end of May and I had our first meeting to go over the mountains of paperwork on June 2. I can't believe how fast it all happened!! We honestly were not thinking about doing this again...I think some angels were shouting in our ears to get us to listen!! Anyway, we are SOOOO excited! Travis is so excited to be a big brother. Actually, he first wanted a "boy sister"...umm...we had to explain that one....then he wanted a boy and a girl so that Mommy could have the girl and he could share the boy with Daddy, oh, and with Rock too! (That would be the dog!!). Then just yesterday he informed me that he wanted 3 babies, he explained that two more carseats can fit in the backseat and that another one could go up front and that daddy could just ride in the other car. Gee, the simple explanations of a five year old!! I told him we were getting ONE baby to bring home, hopefully that will sink in one of these days! He is too funny. I found out yesterday that we will have to be careful...when people ask Travis if he has any brothers or sisters he says "No, but we are going to get one!" and it makes it sound like either A. I am pregnant or B. that we plan to snatch a baby from a stroller any minute now! I have been getting some peculiar looks. Sometimes I just smile and shrug my shoulders and other times I feel I have to give a quick explanation, which actually turns into Adoption 101 for those who don't know much about it! Oh well! And the journey continues...thanks for joining us!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm so excited for you. You are such a good mom and you guys are a very cute family. I hope things work out really well for you and go as smoothly as possible. I agree that there were probably angels working to let you know you have more to your family. Such wonderful news.

Mary and Frances (Memphis, TN) said...

Wow! That is great news! I can't wait to tell Frances. First grade was made even richer because of Travis' long-awaited homecoming. You really blessed her life (and mine) by allowing her to experience this beautiful journey with you.
We look forward to hearing all about this journey as well!
We love you and we will keep all of you (including the baby that will be awaiting your loving embrace) in our prayers. And, dear Lisa, you have always been surrounded by angels...there is no doubt they are guiding you now.
Mary and Frances (Memphis, TN)

carol said...

How wonderful! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Your family is so blessed. My little Russian grandson is doing great. He is so smart we are amazed! Be sure and let us know as the time gets near and good luck. BTW - angels do have a lot to do with all this. They are very busy.

mad white woman said...

Yeah for your family! I was excited you started a blog, but this news takes the cake! :) How lucky your new son or daughter will be to join such a special family. We love you and of course, the angels that help us make these tough decisions. :)

The Papas AZ said...

We are so happy and excited for you guys. Though this journey will again take you across a continent and an ocean, and apparently over a mountain of paperwork, this time you know first hand what is waiting at the other end of this incredible, harrowing, heart-wrenching, heart-filling, sometimes heart-breaking, draining, fullfilling, life changing, and joy giving experience. We will be here for you guys to help however we can. You are great people and a beautiful family. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I'm excited for your family:) And I will be praying for your family... already knowing and recieving the blessing that God has bestowed upon you and your family. God bless you Lisa, Daryl, Travis... and soon to come; your new baby (I think she is gonna fit just fine).

with lots of love.... Bethlyn