Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Paperwork...

Well, it is all coming back to me now! Getting all this paperwork together can be such a test of patience!! One thing we have to get is a police clearance letter saying we have never been convicted or arrested for any crime in Queen Creek. Well, our little town of Queen Creek doesn't really have an official police station. So, they told us we had to call the Phoenix police department to get any paperwork done for Queen Creek. So, I called last Thursday and of course I was transferred to 3 different people. The third place they sent me the lady said she could help me. I thought "Wow! This is great!" I figured she would tell me where to go and that I would have to show my ID etc. Well, all I had to do was give her our SS numbers, name, DOB and address. That simple! She said we would have it in a day or two. I kept thinking "This is just too good to be true! I wonder what will be wrong with this letter." Sure enough, in Saturday's mail we each get a nice notarized letter stating that according to law blah blah blah that they were not allowed to give out any criminal history for a foreign adoption! For pete's sake!! I told Daryle, this letter will not work. I wonder what we will have to do now to get this cleared up. So, today I went over to our agency and showed them the letter. Of course it will not work. They were surprised too, but of course, they haven't had any adoptive parents in Queen Creek before...I warned them that working with the Hawes family would be frustrating like that!! So now we have to get an extra set of finger prints done and I have to send off a cashier's check along with the prints and a self-addressed envelope to somewhere back east and they will send back the prints with a stamp that says we are ok. The trick is to time it so that it doesn't expire and we have to do this again. Oh well...sigh....I know this will not be the last of this type of situation. This is why I am prepared to wait 2 years!! Ugh, government!!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Now I feel like the journey has really begun. Just remember, Lisa, patience and prayer ... patience and prayer ... and more patience and more prayer.