Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Emergency Room

Last night poor little Travis fell off the monkey bars in our backyard and broke his arm!! He broke it in two places. He is such a tough guy, it is amazing. He fell and cried, and cried, and cried. We couldn't get him to calm down, which is very unusual. Usually he bounces right back. So, after about 40 minutes of trying to get him to move his fingers, etc we decided to take him to the emergency room. Can you believe we were in and out in just under an hour and a half?? Amazing. He calmed down once the doctor came in the room, thank goodness. After seeing the x-rays and the two breaks we were all shocked that he didn't cry and carry on much more than he did!! (If it was me, I would have been hysterical! I have never broken anything before!) Anyway, I have to call this morning and find out when we can go in and get him a cast. Once we do that I will try to put up a picture of him. I can't believe my "baby" will start Kindergarten not only with 2 big teeth but now with a broken arm too!! And to top it off, I have to go back to work today. Thank goodness Grandpa Hawes is in town to watch him and can stay with him!!! At least I can go to work today and I know he is in good hands. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have too many more emergency room visits with broken bones!

No comments: