Thursday, July 31, 2008

My big Kindergartener!

Ok, ok! I have already been harrassed by a certain someone (you know who you are!) that I haven't posted any pictures from the first day of school. I apologize. I was waiting for the week to be done, but I guess I can go ahead and post these anyway.

Daryle took the day off of work so he could take Travis to school on his first day. He began the day with a delicious waffle.

Here he is...dressed and ready to go!!
I had Daryle take his picture by the front door...a yearly tradition I have started. This way I can really see how tall he is getting!!
Sitting on the bench out front seems to be a tradition too, I guess. He looks HUGE sitting there!! I think I have a "big kid" on my hands now!!
As you can see, Travis found the playground with no problems!! That cast hasn't slowed him down one bit!

So, as you can see Mr. Travis is now in Kindergarten! He loves school! He really likes his teacher, he has 3 friends from preschool in his class and he is soaking everything up like a sponge. After the first day of school I had Travis on my lap and we were talking about his day. I said, "So, are you ready to go back tomorrow?" Travis replied, very seriously, "No, I think I will take a break!" I about died laughing!!!! I am so thankful I have a child who likes school and is not crying and screaming and hanging onto my leg!! I walk him to the playground and have to grab him to get a kiss before he runs off to play. It is great having him close by all day. I usually peek in on him at lunch, mostly to check that he ate a little something that I packed.

As for an adoption update, we have both had our physicals done and we have the paperwork. I am still waiting for our social worker to call regarding the homestudy. I am glad it wasn't this week, that would have been a little much!!

No comments: