Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tension & Football

I don't know if this will be "the week" or not, we sure hope it is though. I can already feel tension building up in my neck just due to anticipation. I am trying to take deep breaths and focus on what needs to be done this week. On Thursday I will begin my third class for my Master's degree. The good thing is that I almost have my Reading Endorsement done. I know who the teacher is going to be and he comes highly recommended, but I also know it is going to be a lot of work. I am excited about it, but at the same time it makes me nervous because I may have to miss a class when we go to Russia. Oh well, not much I can do about it I guess. Just go with the flow for now.

Today my mom and I went to see a movie, we saw Bride Wars. It was actually pretty cute, a chick flick for sure! It was nice to relax for a bit and have a few laughs too. When I came home I found out what Daryle had been up to while I was gone. Well, the Arizona Cardinals have made it into the playoffs for the Superbowl and next week's game will be played here in AZ. So, he bought a bunch of tickets (he was lucky, they all sold out in 6 minutes!! He got 8 of them!) and was selling them on E-Bay! He has already recovered the cost and he has only sold half of the tickets. I told him that would probably pay for a plane ticket to Moscow!! So, even though the house wasn't spotless, at least he was making some "easy money" to help with the adoption costs. Thanks Daryle!! You really know how to make your wife happy!!!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

Ha ha. That's awesome and totally something I would do!

Angela, my mom and I were joking about going to see that movie last night. It looks really funny.

Good luck with your class. You're such a trooper.

Kathryn said...

Lisa, I am getting so ansy for you. I can't wait to hear more news from Russia. When Jan. 10th was about to hit I was thinking about you guys and how much more patient you are than I am. I also thought about how I wished I could move Jan. 10th to a Monday instead of a Saturday. Thanks for keeping us posted. I love seeing when you have a new blog post.

Oh, Daryle is one smart guy. Ryan was impressed.