Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WE GOT THE CALL TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Ok, this is the post many of you have been patiently waiting for! This is how it happened. I got a call on my cell phone around 11 and it was our coordinator calling about information on the baby boy she has been telling us about! YEAH! Of course, due to strict privacy issues I can't post a picture of him and I have to be very careful about what I put on here. This is what I CAN tell you though. He just turned 15 months old (he was one year in October), he appears to have big blue eyes and light (maybe straweberry blonde?) hair. He seems fair skinned. He seems to take after me (hahaha!!-by the way if you look at my baby pictures I had light colored hair too). Anyway, we are very excited because his medical information looks very good, there doesn't appear to be any "red flags", just the normal Russian mumbo jumbo that they put on there to get the kids into loving homes with moms and dads. Travis says he likes him and wants to be his big brother, so I am taking that as a very good sign. We did get 5 really cute pictures of him. He looks nothing like Travis, but I think with those big blue eyes he will fit right in with us anyway!



So, "What next?" you might ask? Well, I have already forwarded the pictures and medical information to our trusty pediatrician in Memphis. Hopefully she will get back to us tomorrow and give us her thumbs up (we hope and pray it is not a thumbs down!!). Then, we call our agency and tell them we would love to meet this baby boy. From there, they get paperwork started and they arrange the date where we will meet our little guy. So, it seems we will have travel dates very soon if all of this is a go! WHOOOHOOO!!!



Spread the word, I still have cookbooks to sell!! Tell your friends and family and let me know if you are interested!! We have to get this little guy home ASAP!!



Thanks for all of your continued prayers and support!! Hopefully I will have travel dates to report in the near future!

5 comments:

Grammy said...

Your hair was not LIGHT. You were bald, bald, bald. We had to glue pink ribbons to your hair until you were two.

Daddy-O

Grammy said...

I didn't really say that. "Grandpa" ... "Daddy-O" used my account! I must get him his own.
Lisa's hair was lighter when it finally did come in.

Lisa said...

I was referring to the pictures of when I was about 2 or 3 and my hair was a light strawberry blonde. I know I was bald, he kind of is too!!

mad white woman said...

That is so exciting Lisa! It makes me want to cry for joy. Okay, I already did cry. I'll pray that everything goes smoothly from here.

Rachel+Co said...

Happy day!! We'll keep praying for you.

And I have to apologize. I just read your emails about the cookbooks. I don't really check that hotmail account, it's mostly used for junk mail stuff. Looks like I owe you $$ for shipping. I will get it in the mail to you as soon as I can. Please over look my flakiness.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.