Saturday, January 31, 2009

Waiting Game

Well, no news reagarding travel dates for this week. We did receive our "travel packet" which is actually quite large! We have been reading through it, the whole thing is quite detailed. Included are the exact instructions as to what to expect when you go to the US Embassy, boy did that bring back some memories for Daryle and I! That part of the adoption was all such a blur and it was funny to read all about the appointment. It was funny as we compared parts that we DID remember, and how each of us remembered something different. Maybe this time we will be able to remember more, we will see! We were so rushed at that time not to mention we were so messed up from the time changes. Anyway, we are getting excited to make our first trip. Still no idea of when that will be, we are hoping soon. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will get the dates this week and travel in 2-3 weeks. Some REALLY cool things happened to us this week. One was that a dear friend of mine offered to donate some skymiles on Delta to us. She has enough to get us one round trip ticket paid for!!!! Then, one of my cousins (thanks Ryan!!) said he "convinced" 9 co-workers that they needed to buy my cookbook!! That is so awesome!! We couldn't believe these great things were happening this week, the angels are definitely looking down on us and finding ways for us to make this adoption possible. Slowly but surely things are coming together!

Today we cleared out the "guest room" aka "junk room" and took all of the furniture (well, just a bed and dresser) over to Grandpa's new apartment here in Queen Creek. Now I just have to clear out the years of pictures, awards, certificates, etc., etc., etc., that had been accumulating over the years. Anybody know what to do with an old computer??? I have no idea how to "clear it out" so that hackers can't get my information. Right now it is a dust collector! We are going to paint the room and move Travis into this room (he wants to do an Oakland Raiders theme....they finally convinced me it wouldn't be too bad!) and then I will clean up Travis' room, maybe put on a new coat of paint (if I can find the time!) and put the baby in that room. (We still haven't agreed on the name ... either Matthew or Connor).

Besides all of that I am now 3 weeks into my next class for my Master's degree. This one is a LOT of work, but worth it. I don't know if I will be able to keep this up once the baby gets here, so although I am quite anxious to get over to Russia, part of me is glad I am able to get this class behind me!! I feel like I am running around in circles all the time!!

Well, that is all for now. Travis is still doing very well in soccer, he scored 3 goals today! Last weekend he went to the Monster Truck show with Daryle and Grandpa, they had a blast. Here are a few pictures.

Hopefully I will have awesome news to post soon!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Waiting is never fun, but you seem to have no problem keeping really busy while you wait! Not that I have much to offer, but let me know if you need help with anything. Jason could even "scrape" your harddrive on your old computer if you'd like.