Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chaos

This has been a pretty busy week, however, I know that next week will be much worse! Tomorrow I have a final exam for my class (I have been studying since Saturday) and next Wednesday will be my last class so I will have to present a case study about the student I have been tutoring for the last 8 weeks. Report cards are due on Monday, but this weekend I have to be "trained" to be an adoptive parent so I need to get them done tonight if I want to stay ahead of things. The training will take the entire weekend, good thing my parents live close by so that they can watch Travis for the weekend. (Does that make me a "bad adoptive parent"? I guess I will find out!) Then next week I will have parent teacher conferences all week long. The good part about that is that we are doing student led conferences. It is great because I don't really have to do much, the kids do it all. We get portfolios ready and the kids lead the whole thing. The parents love it because they can see first hand how their child is doing in second grade. The kids are so proud of themselves, it is a win-win situation! There will just be many long days ahead. The good part is that I will get 3 weeks off as opposed to the 2 weeks everybody else gets off. Next week I need to make sure I have all of the sub plans done and then also make sure I have all of my plans ready for the following week when I will be back. I am sure I will be a zombie for part of that week due to jet lag, I hope it isn't too bad! Other than all of that, things are going fine here. Daryle sent off for for VISA's on Monday so we are just waiting to get them back. Once all of this school stuff is over then I can concentrate on our trip and getting all of that in order. We have to bring "gifts" for different people, that alone is starting to stress me out. You should see the list of "suggestions", it is kind of crazy. One suggested item is a blow up air mattress, 22 inches....um, not exactly sure how to fit that in my suitcase...I think I will focus on the suggestions of towles, watches and leather gloves.....

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow, just the two words: report cards stress me out, plus everything else you have to do. You seem a lot more organized than I was as a teacher, so way to go. And no, leaving Travis with your parents does not make you a bad adoptive parent. That is just what you have to do. It's your version of going to the hospital to give birth or to take lamaze classes.

Grammy said...

Hey, wiat just a minute!!! How could "leaving your child with your parents" make you a bad adoptive parent??!!?! Are they like ... crazy people or something??? It appears that you managed to survive them after many, many years!!!
I have a wonderful idea ... let him come and stay the weekend at OUR house. I know that he loves to come over and spend time with us. We promise to return the little angel (especially if he is naughty) ... if he is really good, we might decide to keep him. :)