Friday, February 6, 2009

Wondering

Yes, it is true, another week has come and gone and yet still no word on when we get to go meet our son. (Name is still undecided....be sure to cast your vote!) You would think it wouldn't be so difficult, that everybody in Russia would be saying, "Get these parents over here ASAP to meet their son! We just can't let any of them wait another day!!!" But then reality hits. International adoptions just don't work that way. It is the sad, ugly truth. I know it doesn't seem fair to keep all of us in suspense. The only thing that helps me through this is that I know things happen in their own time. We waited far longer than this for Travis, and the wait was so worth it in the end. I know it will be the same way again. It is still hard, but at least we are all keeping super busy so that we don't have too much time to dwell on what isn't happening! As if we weren't already busy enough, I got an e-mail today from our agency telling us that somebody from the Minnesota office will be coming out for the last weekend in February to do the "adoptive parent training classes". It is from 6:30-9:30 on Friday, 8-12 and 1:30-5 on Saturday and 12:30-4 on Sunday! (I still have a hard time grasping the fact that we have been there, done that, but yet we still have to go through these classes!) When am I supposed to do any laundry and clean my house not to mention do my homework, grade papers, etc.,, etc., etc.,? On top of that, we were hoping to be traveling around that time. Who knows what will happen, time will tell! For now I am looking forward to getting a lot of things done around the house and hoping to get ahead on some of my coursework. Travis and Daryle have "boy plans" for tomorrow, so I plan to take full advantage of an empty house!! Who knows when it will happen again? Have a good weekend everybody. Pray we get our travel dates soon!!

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

I can't vote on your names. I like them all and would get a headache if I thought about it anymore.

You are in my prayers... travel soon, travel soon. :)

Grammy said...

Hey, I like the "new look" to your site. For some strange reason, it appears ... easier ... to read ... while... we ... wait ...
Thanks!

Grammy said...

Anna, do what I have done. Vote for several names. They have no way of knowing I have done this, except now they will know after they read this. :)