Thursday, February 12, 2009

Who said Birthday wishes don't come true?

Hip, hip, hooray!!! We got the call about our travel dates late this afternoon. Literally, I got the during my staff meeting and didn't know until I got back to my room at 4. I immediately called her, got the information, and then I had to be at class by 5!! It was a whirlwind evening, to say the least! Thank goodness my class got out early so I could have time to post this before bedtime. At first I was a bit disappointed because we aren't going until March 21 and we will return March 28. (We will make it back the day before Travis' birthday, thank goodness!) But after thinking about it, I think this is for the best. We will be gone the week AFTER my spring break, bummer! But, with 5 weeks notice we should get good flights, good accomodations and we will be able to save some money on getting our VISA's because we won't have to expedite them. Plus, now I can get a bunch of things done (like our taxes for one and painting bedrooms for another) before we go over there. Of course we would like it to be sooner, but at least we have a DATE and now we can make some plans. I know March 21 will be here before we know it. YIPPPEEE!!!!!! Moscow, here we come!!

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Yahoowee! Patience and prayer always work really well!!! Now I will pray for a safe trip and a safe return.

Amber Kerby said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you guy's this little guy will be so lucky to have you guy's as a family!! Travis will be a GREAT big brother!!AMBER

mad white woman said...

Yay! How exciting. Let me know if I can help you with anything Lisa.

carol said...

Good luck, Lisa! You are in my prayers.
Carol Moskal