Friday, February 20, 2009

Keeping Busy

I can hardly believe how fast this past week has gone! We got our flights in order and now we are working on the VISA's. Thank goodness we have a few weeks to get them taken care of! There is much more paperwork than I remember from the last time. We figured it must be to do with homeland security type things. For instance, one question askes for your last two employers...excuding your current one... along with the address, phone number and supervisors name! Well, Daryle has been at his job for over 10 years, his two prior jobs aren't even there anymore. Oh well. Anyway, there were quite a few quesions similar to that, just crazy things that you think "Huh? Why do they need that??" Now we have to go get our VISA pictures taken. I figure we might as well get a few extras for the next two VISAS. I am pretty sure we won't have this cushion of time again!

This weekend I will be busy studying for my final exam and putting my final project together as well as working on report cards and grading. I know, I know you are thinking how jealous you are of me!! LOL

Travis and I were productive this afternoon, he got his first library card! We finally got a new library in town, it is BEAUTIFUL! They have a wonderful children's section. It was well worth the wait (we only waited only 4 years .... but who's counting??). They have a cool story time area and lots of big comfy chairs to sit in while you read your books. Twice a month you can go for story time at 7 pm and wear your pajamas. Travis is anxious to try that out! I think it sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. Hopefully we will get around to doing that soon.

Thanks to all who voted in our poll, but we are still undecided on a name. I have to meet this little guy in person and then we will know what his name should be. (I can only hope it will be that easy!)

Four weeks from tomorrow we will be on our way!! I can hardly believe it, I think it will be here in the blink of an eye!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I guess I take the library that's approximately 3 miles from my house for granted. But, we did go for their weekly story time for the first time and I was really impressed.

Good luck on your final test and projects!