Saturday, April 4, 2009

Back to the land of the living!!

Finally, I think I have returned to "normal", whatever that might be. I count this as a good day because I got the house cleaned, all laundry done and still had time to take Travis and his friend to the movies for his birthday as well as having my parents over for dinner tonight. The best part is I still have tomorrow to get more things done, mostly things for my class Thursday night. Things seem more calm and back to what we consider "normal". Here is what we have been up to for the past week.
Sunday started out celebrating Travis' 6th birthday. Can he really be getting older so quickly??

Here he is enjoying his new sleeping bag from Grammy and Grandpa.

Not sure if I mentioned it in my earlier post, but while we were away Travis got hit in the eye with a ball at school. Grandpa had to take him to the dr, here is what I came home to! Thank goodness it looks worse than it felt. Fortunately, this morning when I checked it the red is just about all gone now. However, I do have to say it did freak me out a bit when I first saw it after getting off the plane last week!

Here we all are after being away from Travis for a week. He is holding up 6 fingers to show how old he is now. Next year we will have Connor with us to celebrate too! We can't wait
On Friday Travis had his first school field trip. Even after having a week off, I was able to take off Friday to go with him. I felt like after being away from him for so long that I needed to take some time for him. We had so much fun. I took a picture of him by this cactus slide, I have NEVER seen that thing before!! I guess it has been there forever, but I found this area with wallabies and a few other things that were new to me. It was nice, it was like being at a whole new place!
Most of you who have known me for any length of time knows that I would never call myself an "animal lover". I didn't grow up with pets, the only reason we have a dog is because Daryle loves animals and I promised him we could get a pet when we got our first house. I love my dog, I just wish he didn't bark at every little sound! Animals in general are ok, but I prefer to observe them from afar and I rarely ever actually *gasp* TOUCH strange animals! LOL However, Travis is more like his father in that area. Travis LOVES animals. I knew he was going to want to go pet the goats, I cringed, but did it because he likes it and as a mom I need to let him do things like that. Our group was Travis and I and Travis' teacher and another little boy. Well, Travis and his teacher were all excited about the goats, the other boy and I stood back and tried not to let any goat get too near us. We waited patiently for them to finish and then the two of us couldn't get out of there fast enough! I had to chuckle to myself. Here is Travis with his new goat friend. (Actually, I think he had to pet every one of them before leaving the area!!)


Here is Travis touching the stingrays. Those were pretty cool. I was a good mommy and put my arm in there and let one of them swim by and touch me. I spent the rest of the time holding Travis by the back of the shirt making sure he didn't fall in the pool! I think if he could he would have loved to go swimming with them!

I think that about sums it up. Somewhere in there I got caught up on my sleep and I am hoping this next week goes smoothly. My class has testing this week, that can be a good thing but stressful too. Nothing new to report on the adoption, we had to send in a form this week but other than that we are waiting for our court date. We know that will be at least a month and we also know it won't be before June. I am so glad that we are so busy because it makes the time go by faster and I am not dwelling on the fact that Connor is not here with us yet. The wait for Travis was so much harder for me, this time seems so much easier. I think it helps that this time around I have Travis to hug and kiss as I think about what Connor is up to. Before we know it we will all be together, I can't wait for that day to come!

No comments: