Friday, April 24, 2009

Checking things off the list

Late this afternoon Daryle and I made it to the fingerprint office to get that chore taken care of. Tomorrow I will send them off to the FBI and we will wait for them to be returned. I can't remember exactly how long it took the last time we had to do that, but I don't remember it taking too long. Daryle got his employment verification letter done and I should have mine by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I need to find our Home Warranty Deed, it is around here somewhere in all of this paperwork! I need to call and schedule our medical appointment because those are only valid for 3 months (geesh!). We can't have our appointment before May 9 so that is why I have been waiting a bit to schedule it, along with the fact that I sort of keep forgetting to call until the office is closed for the day...oops! This weekend I will redo our financial statement and then that will be all we need to do. It seems like we are always having to "hurry up and wait" for everything. I just want to get my baby HOME!! I can feel myself beginning to get antsy about that. I am hoping that with all the end of the year things I have to do in May that it will keep my mind occupied with other things to think about.

As far as our court date, we still do not have an official word on that. We were told it would be about a month until we got our date. Today it was 4 weeks since we last saw Connor, so I feel like we are that much closer to getting our court date. It seems like people have been waiting about 5 weeks or so from trip one to getting their court date, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we hear something this week or early the following week. I am anxious to get the flights scheduled, the prices go up the closer you get to your travel dates. I did find out that American Airlines has a flight from here to Chicago and then Chicago to Moscow. It is almost half the price of the Delta flight, which is what we flew the first trip. American Airlines flies into a different airport, but we were told that was not a problem, it is just a busier airport because it is domestic and international. Actually, we flew in and out of that airport when we flew to Blago to
get Travis.

I still need to get Connor's room ready for him. I need to get a dresser for his room, I don't have one and believe me I have things to put in there. Granted, a lot of the clothes I need to store are too big for him yet but I need to get them organized and put away. Right now his room looks pretty scary, sort of like a baby toy/clothes/furniture bomb went off in there! I don't think I am going to paint his room yet, I am just going to put up some of the same things I had up when Travis was in the crib and then when he changes to a bed then I will probably paint and do his room to fit his interests. For today that is the plan, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given moment! Afterall, it is sort of like I am pregnant, right??!!

I only have two weeks left of this class I am taking and then I am taking an on-line summer school course. I think that is all I can handle for the summer! All my "buddies" are taking two classes this summer, I will just have to be a class behind I guess. One big bummer about all of this is that part of the reason I am getting my Master's degree is to move on the pay scale. Well, with all of the budget cuts there are no raises this year and I don't think they will even let people who are taking classes move over a lane on the scale. That really stinks. But then I am thankful for the fact that I didn't get a RIF letter (reduction in force) and that I am still employed. I am thankful for the fact that I am collecting a paycheck and I have health benefits. It's a good thing there is always a silver lining, sometimes it is just harder to find it!

No comments: