Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bye-bye to the "Baby Mullet"

Yes, I finally gave in, we took Connor in for his first haircut today. It was sort of hard because that means he is growing up a bit, they always look "older" when you get their hair cut. However, this week the mornings have been busier and messier because I have had to clean bananas out of his hair every morning! (Along with whatever food he happens to be eating, the bananas are just his favorite food of choice to smash into his head! lol Then at dinner he chooses peas.) I decided it was time, so we all packed into the car and away we went. I actually paid way too much because we went to Cool Cuts for Kids, oh well, I wanted it to be special and special is what we got. He was able to sit in this cute yellow car and watch Elmo, he was perfect! (Quite the opposite from Travis' first haircut....and his second, third, fourth, fifth... you get the picture!) The unfortunate thing was that as we were walking into the place I realized I had forgotten my camera!!! UGH! I had meant to bring that with me and completely forgot. The place was too far away to run back home so we took some pics on our camera phones. I have no idea how to get those off of there though. So, we took pictures at home to see the finished look. Travis got a nice cut but then asked the lady to style it into a Mohawk!! I said ok, since it wasn't CUT like one I guess I could live with one day of a Mohawk. THEN he asked to have it be blue and orange! Daryle was a bit upset because those are Broncos colors and we are Raiders fans...oh well, those are the colors he wanted so that is what he got. Here is how they looked when we got home.

I had trouble posting these pictures so they are out of order...but if you look closely you can see the orange and blue tips on Travis' hair! And as for Connor.... no more mullet!!
Here are two cute pictures from the week. Travis has become an organizing junkie again and has organized his trucks all around the sides of the container.... have NO idea where he gets this from! LOL And last but not least is a big smile from Mr. Connor, he is so happy all the time, unless of course he is hungry, tired, thirsty or being trampled upon by his brother.... His little smile is so contagious, as is his laugh. I must say I think he understands everything we are saying now and it is only a matter of time before he will be talking. When he does, he is going to have A LOT to say for sure!

1 comment:

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

Those look like great hair cuts!! Sorry I never got to cut Connors hair before we moved! Such CUTE BOYS:)

We miss you guys:(