Saturday, September 26, 2009

Growing!

No new pictures for now, but I do have new measurements for Mr. Connor. We had his 15 month check up this week and he has grown 3 inches and has gained 5 pounds since we picked him up on June 15. (He also got 5 shots, ouch!) He is just thriving, it is such a joy to watch him grow! He is growing physically but he is growing in so many other ways as well. Each day the bond between us grows more and more. You can tell he is so comfortable with us, we all feel like he has always been here. It's hard to remember what life was like without him. He is so loving and he loves to give LOTS kisses and hugs. We play a little game where I sit on the floor, put out my arms and say, "Come to Mama!!" He will turn around from what he is doing and will run full force into my arms. It is the best!!! He will do it over and over again. Then of course the "Big Brother" will want part of the action so I have to pretend he is a baby and he runs into my arms, but he practically knocks me over! It is all in fun as both boys are learning how to "share" me. I think we are finally turning a corner. It has been a rough first few months but I think everybody is finally figuring things out and the boys know Mommy loves them both equally. I am sure the "competition" for Mom will be a life-long issue, but for now I think they are realizing I love them both unconditionally.

No comments: