Sunday, January 31, 2010

Boys Just Wanna Have Fun!

Last night Daryle took Travis to the Monster Truck Jam event in Phoenix. They had such a good time! This is the third time they have gone and they just love it. I guess it was exciting because several trucks had wheels come off. This morning Travis told me "Mom, it was just the assxles" ... so funny! He made "axle" sound like "a$$hole". I almost fell out of my chair laughing! His speech still cracks me up when he can't pronounce certain words. We are working on it, I promise!
Mr. Connor is also advancing in his speech development. Last night my mom, dad, Connor and I went out to dinner while the "big boys" were at the Monster Trucks. The waiter came to take our drink order and Connor looked right at him and said, "mmmphenieofpehjtieiew" and the guy shook his head and said ok, diet cokes all around? We said yes. Either this guy has never been around babies (he didn't look a day over 20) or he is an airhead. He brought Connor a diet coke!! We all started laughing, except for the waiter. He just looked at us like, "What, the kid ordered a diet coke, I heard him!" He said, "I thought it sounded like he said diet coke." My mom told the guy that he is only one and a half! Even after that, all throughout dinner the waiter would come and Connor would look at him and say something in a serious tone. So, we would look at the waiter and say things like, "Oh, he said he likes the pasta" and things like that. One time Connor looked at him and said, "ummm" and the guy stood there like he was ready for him to start reciting the pledge of allegiance or something! Finally, he came around again and Connor again said something to the guy. The guy looked at him and I finally said, "We really don't know for sure what he is saying." You should have seen the sigh of relief on the waiter's face! He said, "Oh, thank goodness, I was wondering why I didn't know what he was saying!" After he left we about died of laughter! I have no pictures of that, but I do have some pictures of a shirtless Connor running away from me and hiding while I am trying to get a shirt on him.
All I can think of when I see this picture is the song, "Run, run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!!" This little guy is always on the go, he is as precious as can be!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

This post just kept getting funnier and funnier... Travis pronouncing axles, the waiter bringing Connor a Diet Coke and then the shirtless gingerbread man. Ha!