Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching my breath

It seems like we are constantly on the go. I have been especially busy the past 2 years doing lots of homework in my "spare time". Suddenly that is now all behind me. Do I find myself with extra time? Not really. But I have found that I have more time to just spend with my family. Yesterday I actually had time to drive over to my parent's house and just visit for a bit. Finally, some relaxing time on my hands! I was looking through my pictures and found some more from when we went to our town's holiday celebration. Here are the boys and I making some crafts. They both love to make things.
During nap time we often find Connor in odd positions and in strange places. The other day he fell asleep like this. Yes, that is an area rug he has cuddled up into! We let him be for fear of waking him up. He looked so relaxed.
Travis also decided that he knows how to do stunts on his bike. We have no idea who taught him this (he insists he taught himself....perhaps) or where he got these ideas in his little head of his. At least he is wearing lots of padding, I just hope Connor doesn't get any wise ideas any time soon!

This past weekend we reached another milestone. We took down Connor's crib and put up a twin bed. Sniff, sniff. I didn't cry but my heart was breaking. All I could think of was when I first put it together for Travis. I had it up in our house in Memphis even though we moved before he got home. Then I put it up again here in our house now. When we put it back up for Connor Travis helped me. That was weird. Now Travis helped me take it down again. Strange. Now Connor looks so teeny tiny in this big bed. He loves it though. We are hoping he can stop sleeping on the floor now since that must have been more comfortable than his crib! Now I am faced with what to do with the crib. Part of me wants to sell it and get rid of it. Another part of me is just not ready. It's not that we plan on having more kids. You just never know about that. It's the memories and saying good-bye to that time period of your life. I am too sentimental for my own good, I know! On a happier note, I AM GRADUATING ON FRIDAY!!! WHOO-HOO!!! I was hoping for some snow up north while we were there.... well the weather forecast is predicting a huge rain/snow storm for Friday and Saturday... now I am just praying we don't get stuck up there for longer than we planned for! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Where did he learn those tricks? He seems too little to know how to do that stuff! That is really funny that Connor will snuggle up to the area rug. Silly kid for sure.