Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh no, the big 4-0!

Finally 1. grandpa brought over the cord to the camera and 2. I had time to upload the pictures to share here. On Thanksgiving we also got to celebrate Daryle's 40th birthday! Yes, I am married to a 40 year old now!! Travis and I decorated the house the night before and among his presents was a necklace and light up button that he was to wear for the day. Well, he wore them for a bit... he was a very good sport. I told him just to save it all and give it back to me when I turn 40, which won't be for at least 14 more months! Here is the birthday boy himself: Of course we had to have birthday cake along with our pumpkin pie. Travis insisted we make dad a cake. I love this one of my boys together just as we started to sing and blow out candles.
Here is a sample of what Daryle woke up to. I love decorating with a 7 year old. He just stuck tape on things and then stuck on the balloons. Instant decorations!
Travis had a turn with the camera. I love seeing things from his perspective. I guess this is what the counter looks like to him!
After Thanksgiving ended we started to get the house ready for Christmas. I am hoping to finish this weekend. At least the outside and the tree are done. Connor got his first taste of hot chocolate.... I will let you decided for yourself whether or not he liked it...He is now addicted to marshmallows! Travis also decorated his little tree for his room. I tell you, when I decorate with him I have to bite my lip. A lot. He refused to let me fluff out the branches and he chose each ornament for the tree. I do like how he chose the nativity picture to put towards the top (he made that when he was 4 or 5). He quietly took all of his ornaments into his room and worked HARD on this little tree. It is hard to see in the picture but he has all these little picture frame ornaments all along the bottom. The branches are just sagging! I love it! We did decide to put it up on his bookshelf though... just to keep the little guy from checking it out too closely! (It was then that I had to rescue the tree a little bit and fluff out some branches.... I just could not resist!) It seems he picked some of the most heaviest ornaments as well. However, the little white dog in the bottom right corner was made for me by my Great Grandma Melzer. I just love that I have things like that around to share with my kids!Now tonight, a week later, we went to the town celebration. I got this cute picture of the boys as we were waiting to sit on Santa's lap. Travis picked up Connor and they smiled so perfectly!
Even though this is not Connor's first Christmas it is his first Christmas where he is starting to understand things. For example, Santa. He was SOOO excited to see the guy in the red suit. He kept waving to him and when it was their turn he just ran up to him like they were long lost friends. Travis was a good big brother and helped translate a few things for Connor to Santa.
I love how in our pictures Santa is giving the kids such expression as they tell him what they want for Christmas. Connor would like a green garbage truck. Travis wants a pillow pet and a basketball hoop for outside. We will see how good they have been when Christmas morning arrives!
And here is the happy little family. It was so hard to get both kids to look at the camera at the same time with tons of people walking around. At least they are both smiling.
One awesome thing for me was last Sunday I submitted my final assignment for my last class. Two weeks from tonight I will officially have graduated with my Master's degree in Education. It has been a long 2 and a half years... the end has finally come!! Now to figure out to do with my new found "free time". Haha!! That just means I will find something else to dig into I guess. It will be great to spend more time with my family. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Great pictures of everyone, Lisa. Happy Happy Birthday to Daryle. The picture of the boys together is a treasure. Thanks for sharing.

mad white woman said...

Daryle sure does age well! Hope he had a great day... did he end up going sky diving?

Clara asked Santa for her own Christmas tree. I didn't know it was such a desire among little kids.

Congratulations on being done with your class!!