Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Fun

We were so busy last weekend that I think it took me all week to recover!  Even though we had Friday off the three days were just not quite enough to cram in all that we had going on.  Saturday evening we colored some eggs.  I didn't realize how many colors came in the package I bought, of course we had to use them all (even though we only hard boiled 18 eggs!).



The week before Easter a friend of mine posted this cute idea on Facebook. At first I thought it looked hard but when I read the directions I thought, "I can do that!"  I was in such a rush after church on Sunday that I forgot to take a picture of the final product but here is the bunny that I made from bread dough.
 I put this guy on a platter, cut out the tummy, put some lettuce in there and filled it with veggie dip. Then I put veggies all around it. It was cute, and I got lots of compliments on it! Plus it was all super yummy too!
 Connor and Travis found some eggs that the Easter Bunny hid around the house.


Finally, Travis found the Easter baskets hiding in the castle.  Connor found his in there too! Once again, the Easter  bunny was way too generous!  lol 
Here are the boys in our backyard.  Since Easter was so late this year our tree was actually blooming! After church we went over to my aunt and uncle's house for an Easter celebration with our family.  Most of my cousins all have kids now and they are all pretty close in age.  The ages range from 12 to 1 with the majority of them 3-8. Needless to say we had a really fun time this year!  All of them had so much fun hunting eggs, playing games and doing some crafts. Not to mention they heated the pool so that the kids could go swimming and not freeze to death in the process!  Connor spent most of his time in the pool, he wouldn't even come out to play the games.  I was afraid I was never going to get him out, finally he started to get cold and I was able to get him out of there before his skin was completely wrinkled!  LOL  Here are some pictures from all of the fun.  (Ok, I have no idea why this is all in white... there are some new things on here and I am trying to figure it all out!)



 Can you tell these two are the same age?  Just about 6 weeks apart.... and two peas in a pod!  They are two funny little guys, I enjoyed watching them play together.
 Travis enjoyed the water slide while Connor just swam and swam and then he would run and jump in on off the side. He would be a perfect candidate for the show Fear Factor!
 Travis got to play pin the tail on the bunny. He was a little bit off!  lol
 Next came the spoon race.  You can see the fierce competition between these two!  LOL  (Once again, these two are close in age as well!)
Here are the boys waiting to do the egg roll.  I finally got Connor out of the pool by this time. He was so tired it was pretty easy for him to sit and watch for a bit!
 Finally it was time to do some crafts. 
 Boy was it a fun yet exhausting day! Here are how my two angels looked on the way home.

Once again we had a wonderful holiday with our boys.  We are so incredibly blessed to have them both in our lives.  They keep us busy and on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Happy belated Easter to you!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

We didn't dye eggs this year. I boiled them, just never died them. How lame is that?? :)

That bunny bread/veggie dip is such a cute idea!

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!! Looks like a great Easter and I love your bread idea..CUTE! Yes I am back blogging..lets see how long I can keep it up now;)!! haha